HELP! 2nd Year Optometry stuck on next step in career

Watch
12__cookies
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I need some advice about my next step in my Optometry education. I plan to live and work in Canada or Europe (mostly where optometry is a good career). I am not sure if i should do Masters after my Bachelor of Science in Optom (in 2nd year studying) or if I should apply for a bridging programme to get me to an OD career. I have my eye on the International Briding Programme at Waterloo, but i have to train and work as an optom first for experience and also costs are so high. I wish I had a way to transition in Canada with my Bach of Optom to do and OD or masters degree for a reasonable cost and then work and reside there. Now im stuck in Europe, with this degree I will get that is European acknowledged but i dont know where to go? Another idea I have is to study Masters in Norway and possibly work there instead of Canada. Any ideas on how to make my dreams come true? I want to earn a prestigious Optometry career, similar to OD (idk if Masters in Clinical Optometry is equivalent to this..) I would realllllly appreciate any advice from international-optometry students!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed