Azotic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, so ive been starting to make flash cards for every module in a level biology and im finding that im getting through my packs so quick, (50 cards for 1 module), and i still need to do exam questions for the module, to make even more flash cards. Will it be more efficient for me if i make a quizlet account and make sets on there since it will take less time, while only doing handwritten flash cards for exam questions? The problem is i dont see many people using online flash card apps, they do hand written flash cards, so is there a reason for this? Thank you
5hyl33n
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hand-written flashcards are more memorable than typing them up. Personally, I write out my flashcards and I found I remembered them more compared to if I typed them up.

Why don’t you type up the exam-questions instead?
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 4 weeks ago
Azotic
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hand-written flashcards are more memorable than typing them up. Personally, I write out my flashcards and I found I remembered them more compared to if I typed them up.

Why don’t you type up the exam-questions instead?
I feel the exam questions will be a LOT more important than flash cards about the topic, because its all good knowing about the topic, but without knowing the wording of mark schemes, and knowing how to answer questions, there is no point. I've also heard that 30% of marks comes from active recall while 70% comes from exam technique. How many flash cards do you tend to use for module/topic? Thanks for advice.
5hyl33n
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azotic)
I feel the exam questions will be a LOT more important than flash cards about the topic, because its all good knowing about the topic, but without knowing the wording of mark schemes, and knowing how to answer questions, there is no point. I've also heard that 30% of marks comes from active recall while 70% comes from exam technique. How many flash cards do you tend to use for module/topic? Thanks for advice.
How are you with the content, may I ask?

I take Chemistry, Physics and Psychology, so I would say I use about 8 flashcards maximum for each topic in Chemistry/Physics. However, this is because each chapter is only 15 pages maximum, I think. I’ve looked at the Biology A-Level textbook and it has way more content and pages, so that’s probably why you are going through more flashcards.
Azotic
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
How are you with the content, may I ask?

I take Chemistry, Physics and Psychology, so I would say I use about 8 flashcards maximum for each topic in Chemistry/Physics. However, this is because each chapter is only 15 pages maximum, I think. I’ve looked at the Biology A-Level textbook and it has way more content and pages, so that’s probably why you are going through more flashcards.
I struggle to remember a lot of the key facts to be honest, so i just make flash cards on everything, because if i dont i feel like i would remember if i didnt make flash cards on everything, so idk what to do. Thanks for advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads