aJaaaade2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone is going to be doing their PGCE in September 2021 and when are you starting your UCAS Teacher Training. The UCAS website only gives advice to 2020 applicants, and my university hasn't been much help in explaining either.Thanks again
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aJaaaade2000)
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone is going to be doing their PGCE in September 2021 and when are you starting your UCAS Teacher Training. The UCAS website only gives advice to 2020 applicants, and my university hasn't been much help in explaining either.Thanks again
Hello @aJaaaade2000

The Early Engagement team at the Get into Teaching Information Service help people who are preparing for a teacher training application in 2021. We help people get their application ready so that they can apply as soon as they possibly can (usually October) and then avoid the application interfering with finals and dissertations!

It's really important to be able to choose the best course for yo and we can spend some time with you to find out what support is available to you locally. We can help you write the personal statement for the application and help prepare for interview!

Please give us a call on 0800 389 2500 and ask for an adviser, alternatively, register here and we shall call you!

All the best!

Jane
brookrowlands
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Jade,

I'm hoping to do a PGCE in September 2021 - I'm looking to do secondary Chemistry at a university in Bristol or possibly the University of Birmingham. I'm doing my undergraduate in Cardiff but the money is considerably less to train to teach in Wales so I'm looking at courses in England for that reason.

Applications open in October 2020 for 2021 entry I believe! I'm looking to get some work experience and write my personal statement at the moment.

Where are you looking at applying and what are you hoping to teach?
aJaaaade2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by brookrowlands)
Hi Jade,

I'm hoping to do a PGCE in September 2021 - I'm looking to do secondary Chemistry at a university in Bristol or possibly the University of Birmingham. I'm doing my undergraduate in Cardiff but the money is considerably less to train to teach in Wales so I'm looking at courses in England for that reason.

Applications open in October 2020 for 2021 entry I believe! I'm looking to get some work experience and write my personal statement at the moment.

Where are you looking at applying and what are you hoping to teach?
Hi I’m in my second year of university doing Sport & Exercise science & have just done a month placement at a college, I’ve done work experience within secondary school as well. I know the University Of Derby do a Post-14 PGCE so I think I might apply for that as well as secondary Physical Education 😊 good luck with your application and finding experience
brookrowlands
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I’m in my second year of university doing Sport & Exercise science & have just done a month placement at a college, I’ve done work experience within secondary school as well. I know the University Of Derby do a Post-14 PGCE so I think I might apply for that as well as secondary Physical Education 😊 good luck with your application and finding experience
Oooh very competitive for you then! I have some planned for April but whether that will go ahead with the coronavirus situation I'm unsure. I have a week of work experience from a year ago in a school and also have been volunteering at schools during my placement year - I'm on placement at the moment and will be going into third year the same time as you. I think the experience I have will be sufficient because of the lack of secondary science teacher applicants but we'll see
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads