What tests and what degree to I need to become a cooperate Lawyer in the UK?

Watch
NavyBitz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to know what tests will need to take and what degree I to earn, also any law school you recommend, in the uk?
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you? What are your qualification so far?
NavyBitz
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
How old are you? What are your qualification so far?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NavyBitz)
So you havent took your GCSEs yet? Are you a home student or international student?
NavyBitz
Rep:
?
So you havent took your GCSEs yet? Are you a home student or international student?
International student, next year are my GSCEs but why not prepare early.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
International student, next year are my GSCEs but why not prepare early.
Ohhh. Firstly, you need to ace your GCSEs as best as you can and then you do the same for alevels. You need to take IELT or equivalent if English is not your first langauge. For law, you need to decide if you wanna study Scots law or English law. For English law, if you wanna apply to these 9 unis: University of Bristol, Durham University, University of Glasgow, KCL, LSE, The University of Nottingham, The University of Oxford, SOAS and UCL, you need to take the LNAT (Law national admission test) so I suggest researching it in case. However, for Cambridge, you need to CLT (Cambridge law test), which is a different test you need to do. Oxbridge, Durham, Bristol, Nottingham and London unis like LSE, KCL and UCL are probably the best but Manchester, Warwick, York (but they have more coursework aspects than exam), Exeter and more really - it depends on what you are predicted in A-levels. Do you want to practice law in England, Scotland or Internationally? What country are you from?
NavyBitz
Rep:
?
Ohhh. Firstly, you need to ace your GCSEs as best as you can and then you do the same for alevels. You need to take IELT or equivalent if English is not your first langauge. For law, you need to decide if you wanna study Scots law or English law. For English law, if you wanna apply to these 9 unis: University of Bristol, Durham University, University of Glasgow, KCL, LSE, The University of Nottingham, The University of Oxford, SOAS and UCL, you need to take the LNAT (Law national admission test) so I suggest researching it in case. However, for Cambridge, you need to CLT (Cambridge law test), which is a different test you need to do. Oxbridge, Durham, Bristol, Nottingham and London unis like LSE, KCL and UCL are probably the best but Manchester, Warwick, York (but they have more coursework aspects than exam), Exeter and more really - it depends on what you are predicted in A-levels. Do you want to practice law in England, Scotland or Internationally? What country are you from?
Sorry for the late reply, I’m from England.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
J Papi might be able to help? Or harrysbar
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
J Papi might be able to help? Or harrysbar
It's too soon to given any further advice than that given by PetitePanda seeing as OP is only 14 and their posts are already causing confusion about whether they are a Home or International student
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry for the late reply, I’m from England.
Oh you’re a home student then. I think you should worry about GCSEs first and maybe research in the summer after GCSEs. You could get some work experience in yr 10 to see if it’s something you wanna go in. However, practising Law is different to studying law but it’s good to see if it’s something to strive towards for motivation
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads