Watch
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Thank you Really? :eek:
yeah i don't think i know anyone doing that combination :rofl: though it's nice having a mix of a-level subjects:yep:
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
yeah i don't think i know anyone doing that combination :rofl: though it's nice having a mix of a-level subjects:yep:
Same because it's either essay based combo or a stem-based or someone who's doing medicine :mmm: It was a bit awkward when my school wanted to make a science street and i was in the middle of the humanities and science student's rants :awesome: It is because i dont have to do past papers after past papers after past papers all the time or when im reading and get bored I can switch to some nice maths questions
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same because it's either essay based combo or a stem-based or someone who's doing medicine :mmm: It was a bit awkward when my school wanted to make a science street and i was in the middle of the humanities and science student's rants :awesome: It is because i dont have to do past papers after past papers after past papers all the time or when im reading and get bored I can switch to some nice maths questions
yes that's why i'm doing maths and english lit!! it's nice to have the variety :awesome:
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
yes that's why i'm doing maths and english lit!! it's nice to have the variety :awesome:
Ayeee mathsss gang :five: Omg i wish you luck for english lit honestly
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ayeee mathsss gang :five: Omg i wish you luck for english lit honestly
i regret taking it tbh but oh well 😂😂 thanks!!:teehee:
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
i regret taking it tbh but oh well 😂😂 thanks!!:teehee:
Why do you regret taking it?
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you regret taking it?
one of my teachers is pretty rubbish and disorganised etc :erm: and i just feel like my grades aren't getting much better like i'm 'stuck' on a B/C but we'll see in the summer i guess
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
one of my teachers is pretty rubbish and disorganised etc :erm: and i just feel like my grades aren't getting much better like i'm 'stuck' on a B/C but we'll see in the summer i guess
Oh god that’s sucks. I’m sure you’ll improve that B/C into something great. Are you in yr 12 or 13?
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh god that’s sucks. I’m sure you’ll improve that B/C into something great. Are you in yr 12 or 13?
year 13 i've been getting As, Bs and Cs on my essays the past two years so it's been very up and down :lol:
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Hi, it's me again I think I might do weekly updates instead of daily ones because there's so much I would like to fit in one post and every day is unpredictable. This week, my exams have really reassured my knowledge as I always thought I was beyond help; although I am struggling academically, I discovered it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, this week did help me in more ways than one
Name:  IMG_1051.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  28.5 KB
Exams
Spoiler:
Show

Maths:
- Both papers were easier than I thought they would be and I was only stuck on two questions. One of the questions, which was a modelling question, made me laugh when I think about it as I was only stuck on that question because my dumb self at that time thought a cuboid was a cube instead of an oblong :facepalm: Another question was a stupid vector question, asking me to find the angle inbetween two vectors - I panicked. There was another question which I doubted myself on because it was 4 marks and I'm like it can't be this easy... anyway I'm sure I answered it correctly.

Physics:
- I'm quite proud of myself since I only missed a few questions so yay for improvement :ahee: I actually could answer most of them so that's a bonus - still hate waves and optics though.

History:
- I only sat my Tudor paper this week and my Germany paper is on Monday so please wish for my survival :cry2: Actually the Tudor paper wasn't bad since it was Henry VII, which was my only strong topic, but I'm sure it could've gotten better if I put histography and more content ngl. I need to work on my exam techniques though but I honestly don't know where to start :confused: if anyone has tips for history, you are a godsend.

Revision
Spoiler:
Show

Sadly no sufficient revision for you guys here folks this week. I was never the type that revised before my mocks unless it was my real exams as I just went in a mock with no or little revision beforehand because I liked how I was testing my current knowledge and what I need to improve from that test. It really helps me because I always procrastinate with the easy topics so this way it gets me moving. However, it's also a bad habit since I don't have that stress or sense of urgency than I depict myself to have, which I'm jealous of people that have because it would've made my study leave more productive.

I did do 2 summary pages for progressive and stationary waves if that counts. I don't even know where to start and I wish I could've done more this week, to be honest.

Other
Spoiler:
Show

- I finally got my Durham Supported Progression Welcome Pack but it was basically forms I had to fill out. I don't know if I am the only one but I love filling out paperwork or anything like that, even marking my tests.

- I volunteered at my sixth form's information evening for yr 11s and it was so longggg :ashamed2: (6 to 8 pm, which doesn't seem long but it did). One of the volunteers couldn't make it to do their speech so the teachers asked me instead to use my speech and talk to the yr 11s about my yr 12 experience so far - tbh I was so confused why me because there were more suitable candidates as I'm not the best speaker. It was nervewracking but a good experience since it helped me improve my public speaking skills and I only did stutter for a few times hopefully...

- I finally sent my work experience forms so that's a burden off me (until I have to fill out my school forms :nah:)

- Also, I became a Study Forum Hepler :eek:, which was a delightful surprise. On of the people scouted me and guided me with this role. All of the helpers and volunteers are so lovely and they gave me such a warm welcome, which was so wholesome :cry:I felt really bad because I kept asking my mentor? (idk if that's the right word) lots and lots of question but they were so kind to go through each one :cry2:

So that was my week : my busy but at the same time not week. Hopefully next week I'll do more independent work, especially at home, and work on my bad sleeping habits. I hope everyone's weeks were good and I'll see you next week to give you more updates, which is special since it's my birthday next week :dancing:

Did you have exams this week? If so, how was them?

If no, did anything happened to you in the least expected way?
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 month ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, it's me again I think I might do weekly updates instead of daily ones because there's so much I would like to fit in one post and every day is unpredictable. This week, my exams have really reassured my knowledge as I always thought I was beyond help; although I am struggling academically, I discovered it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, this week did help me in more ways than one
Name:  IMG_1051.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  28.5 KB
Exams
Spoiler:
Show

Maths:
- Both papers were easier than I thought they would be and I was only stuck on two questions. One of the questions, which was a modelling question, made me laugh when I think about it as I was only stuck on that question because my dumb self at that time thought a cuboid was a cube instead of an oblong :facepalm: Another question was a stupid vector question, asking me to find the angle inbetween two vectors - I panicked. There was another question which I doubted myself on because it was 4 marks and I'm like it can't be this easy... anyway I'm sure I answered it correctly.

Physics:
- I'm quite proud of myself since I only missed a few questions so yay for improvement :ahee: I actually could answer most of them so that's a bonus - still hate waves and optics though.

History:
- I only sat my Tudor paper this week and my Germany paper is on Monday so please wish for my survival :cry2: Actually the Tudor paper wasn't bad since it was Henry VII, which was my only strong topic, but I'm sure it could've gotten better if I put histography and more content ngl. I need to work on my exam techniques though but I honestly don't know where to start :confused: if anyone has tips for history, you are a godsend.

Revision
Spoiler:
Show

Sadly no sufficient revision for you guys here folks this week. I was never the type that revised before my mocks unless it was my real exams as I just went in a mock with no or little revision beforehand because I liked how I was testing my current knowledge and what I need to improve from that test. It really helps me because I always procrastinate with the easy topics so this way it gets me moving. However, it's also a bad habit since I don't have that stress or sense of urgency than I depict myself to have, which I'm jealous of people that have because it would've made my study leave more productive.

I did do 2 summary pages for progressive and stationary waves if that counts. I don't even know where to start and I wish I could've done more this week, to be honest.

Other
Spoiler:
Show

- I finally got my Durham Supported Progression Welcome Pack but it was basically forms I had to fill out. I don't know if I am the only one but I love filling out paperwork or anything like that, even marking my tests.

- I volunteered at my sixth form's information evening for yr 11s and it was so longggg :ashamed2: (6 to 8 pm, which doesn't seem long but it did). One of the volunteers couldn't make it to do their speech so the teachers asked me instead to use my speech and talk to the yr 11s about my yr 12 experience so far - tbh I was so confused why me because there were more suitable candidates as I'm not the best speaker. It was nervewracking but a good experience since it helped me improve my public speaking skills and I only did stutter for a few times hopefully...

- I finally sent my work experience forms so that's a burden off me (until I have to fill out my school forms :nah:)

- Also, I became a Study Forum Hepler :eek:, which was a delightful surprise. On of the people scouted me and guided me with this role. All of the helpers and volunteers are so lovely and they gave me such a warm welcome, which was so wholesome :cry:I felt really bad because I kept asking my mentor? (idk if that's the right word) lots and lots of question but they were so kind to go through each one :cry2:

So that was my week : my busy but at the same time not week. Hopefully next week I'll do more independent work, especially at home, and work on my bad sleeping habits. I hope everyone's weeks were good and I'll see you next week to give you more updates, which is special since it's my birthday next week :dancing:

Did you have exams this week? If so, how was them?

If no, did anything happened to you in the least expected way?
Well done for the exams!! Good luck for your History one too!
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Well done for the exams!! Good luck for your History one too!
Thank you and I sure do need the luck
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I helped out at my sixth forms evening for bio and physics it was from 5-8 and I literally finished a full day of work experience 9-4 and got there bang on 5 and went straight up to do talks., it was tiring so I feel your pain ahah
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rae5)
I helped out at my sixth forms evening for bio and physics it was from 5-8 and I literally finished a full day of work experience 9-4 and got there bang on 5 and went straight up to do talks., it was tiring so I feel your pain ahah
How was both of them? I helped out with the physics stall too. What talk did you did? At least it's over now
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am back with a contrasting week - it was amazing, only my birthday plans made it like that, but also meh at the same time because I came back to school My revision plan didn't work out as planned but I'm happy I have started at least, especially for maths. I was so busy on the weekends that I couldn't update on Sunday but so I'll keep the things that happen for Monday for the next update

Name:  IMG_0966.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  32.6 KB
Exams
Spoiler:
Show
For my history exam on Weimar Germany, I actually liked the questions in the tests but I would feel more confident if I'd revise more beforehand. I didn't know the structure for the source question so I'm definitely going to work on that. However, I'm pretty confident about my timings since I thought I would run out of time for writing 3 essays but for the Tudor exam, I had 10 minutes left and for the Germany exam, I had 20 minutes left.

Exam Results
Spoiler:
Show
I have yet to get a grade for history and physics but I'm so proud of myself since I got an A in maths with a 39/50 on both papers. However, physics was badddddddd - 7/30 yayyy and lowest in the class - but now I least know that I need to focus on physics more.

Revision
Spoiler:
Show
I didn't do much revision because the fact I forgot to do 3 papers for my physics homework and 2 booklets for my other physics teacher :cry:and I was more focused on my birthday :mmm: However, I did stick with my maths revision plan and start with the basics: 'Negative & Fractional Indices' and 'Surds' - I'm doing the basics so I can get it over and done with; I didn't know what topics to start with :confused: Now that I have my mocks back, I'm gonna focus on topics I struggled with and make flashcard on the questions I've done wrong in Physics.

Other
Spoiler:
Show
I had a great birthday with both my friends and family - it was amazing. Also, my school did a team breakfast for those who helped in the sixth form information evening - I got free chocolate croissant and chocolate so that was good. We got our results back from Deloitte and we got into the final, which surprised me :eek:

I didn't do much for this week, so it was a quite lazy day. What is your method of motivating yourself from a lazy day?
Last edited by PetitePanda; 4 weeks ago
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m so sorry for not updating this. I honestly was so busy with sorting out me leaving school early and I didn’t know what to do with the whole Covid-19 situation. I was doubting in myself and I felt like no matter what I tried, it would be useless when I tried to self-teach, wondering if I should resit Fortunately, the people at TSR helped me with what I could do during this time and not rush into big decisions; I saw there were many people like me and I should make the best of the situation Anyways, this week I tried to get my revise and get into a habit of me learning consistently; I also started to get back into things I gave up before.

Name:  IMG_7694.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  319.7 KB

RevisionI've done a pretty good job keeping up with physics and maths :awesome: but I still need to work on the self-teaching aspect and work on learning new content. Omg I have so much history work and readings to go through - wish me luck :cry:

Other- I've done it! I've kept up with Duolingo every day I'm chuffed with myself
- I actually made a list of essay competitions and I'm happy that I created something to help the year 12s, which I wanted to do since I became a FH
- I'm working on an essay competition right now but I just keep procrastinating on finishing it, even though the deadline is coming - hopefully I'll get more motivated for it
- I've started on an EPQ course on future learn and there's another one, which I need to get through since it's compulsory for me to do an EPQ at my school. I want to do something on law but I don't know what I should do. I was thinking on the impact of legislation on Jews but it would link with my history subject so I might do How does our legal system makes us obey to a legal standard of behaviour - is this good or should i make it more simplistic?

So what has everyone been doing during the lockdown so far?

Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (273)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.01%
Isolating with family (122)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.34%
Loneliness (172)
9.9%
Financial worries (68)
3.91%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (158)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.86%

Watched Threads