The Student Room Group

Keep procrastinating

I have a lot of work to get done before tomorrow but I just go off and do something else every few minutes. This post is me procrastinating; any tips to stay focused?
I know it's tough to commit to it, but try to get rid of the distractions. Like having some unrelated tabs open in browser or even listening to music. Get invested in your primary task. It is hard to focus the first 15-30 minutes but then the brain almost automatically focuses on the task.
Have you tried turning off your phone? My phone has always been one of my biggest distractions. You can download this app which is called 'Flora' I think and you can set a timer and 'plant a tree' and if you use your phone before the timer runs out, your 'tree' dies. I know it sounds kind of stupid but it actually really helped me to stop looking at my phone whilst I was revising. I also moved my revision area from my bedroom to my kitchen because I knew there would be less to distract me. I also think the change of scenery may have helped a little bit.
Reply 3
Original post by EmShez01
Have you tried turning off your phone? My phone has always been one of my biggest distractions. You can download this app which is called 'Flora' I think and you can set a timer and 'plant a tree' and if you use your phone before the timer runs out, your 'tree' dies. I know it sounds kind of stupid but it actually really helped me to stop looking at my phone whilst I was revising. I also moved my revision area from my bedroom to my kitchen because I knew there would be less to distract me. I also think the change of scenery may have helped a little bit.

I don't have a phone
Original post by Xiphos
I don't have a phone

So what is it that's distracting you?
Original post by Xiphos
I have a lot of work to get done before tomorrow but I just go off and do something else every few minutes. This post is me procrastinating; any tips to stay focused?

this is meeeeeeee omg.

but yeahh like but I've noticed in the night that is when I'm most productive so me just have to accept that.
Reply 6
Procrastination when there is something you really don't find rewarding is very tough to beat. A timetable with regular breaks and small rewards is the best bet. Establishing a rhythm where you consistently beat procrastination can also be good habit forming. Trying to get to a situation where everything you get up to has some appeal is good. Easier said than done mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending