Am I racist if I only fancy white people?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
For me it’s important that I’m sexually attracted to the person I’m in a relationship with and I’ve personally never been sexually attracted to guys of colour. I can appreciate if they’re good looking but I have never “fancied” someone of colour as they just aren’t my type. I’ve been told that makes me racist but surely I can’t force myself to be attracted to people?!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No, it's your preference.

It's a bit like only liking people above a certain height.
BBambiS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No that doesn't make you racist it makes the people saying that to you clearly uneducated
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
No not really, it’s personal preference. This is a weird example but you may like broccoli more than other veg, it’s just a preference I guess. Personally I’m more attracted to people from my race as well
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It isn't racist, it's a preference.
Whoever told you it's racist is talking rubbish.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No. You’re entitled to your preference
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For me it’s important that I’m sexually attracted to the person I’m in a relationship with and I’ve personally never been sexually attracted to guys of colour. I can appreciate if they’re good looking but I have never “fancied” someone of colour as they just aren’t my type. I’ve been told that makes me racist but surely I can’t force myself to be attracted to people?!
It is not racist. There may be things about you that turn people off, so it wont be bad if they don't fancy you as well.

People have their preferences, I doubt that many guys may even fancy you, even though you fancy them.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If part of the criteria for you fancying someone is they must be white then yes you are discriminating based on race

society in general won't give you a hard time over it, but it is what it is...
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
Is it weird that as a white girl I prefer black men, especially since its not my own race?
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is it weird that as a white girl I prefer black men, especially since its not my own race?
You should like people for qualities that they possess and not their race. Imagine, the guy tells you that he likes you just cos you are white.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yes it is , i'll see you in hell
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
no i don't think so it's just a type but other people might have different ops that it is racist
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Who you find attractive, who you choose to sleep with, or not, is the one area where it is fine to discriminate, you don't even need to justify why. Otherwise avoid racial or other discrimination and treat everyone fairly.
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not weird at all. It's actually very common
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No.
It is a sexual preference.
Racism is racial hatred.
Nazz69
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No it’s just what type u prefer
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Nothing weird about that.
People have different sexual preferences that relate to a variety of factors (physical type, gender, age, kink).
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
please don’t normalise fetishisation of races, this treats a race as though they are homogenous. objectifying black men & only dating them is not a personality trait
There was nothing negative meant by my comment, I merely stated my observations through years of life experience.
I don't think for one minute that someone preferring a person from a different racial or ethnic background has anything to do with fetishes.
Everyone has, and is entitled to, their own preferences when it comes to who they do / do not find attractive.
username4952620
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Stop using the word racist so lightly. It mocks those people who have actually experienced racism.
Freezeonaut
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No. People have different sexual preferences. If you're gay, it's not sexist that you don't have attraction to the opposite gender. Just love who you wanna love.
Last edited by Freezeonaut; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed