Good finance degrees without A-Level maths in London

Watch
HKW44
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am currently a Year 12 student looking at University routes to take after I have finished my A levels. I am set on doing finance as my career, however many reputable unis in London require A level Maths. I did not take this for A levels (although I achieved a 7/A in GCSE.) I do not want to go outside of London for uni; is anyone aware of good unis in london that will offer me a place on a finance course without the need for maths A level?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by HKW44)
I am currently a Year 12 student looking at University routes to take after I have finished my A levels. I am set on doing finance as my career, however many reputable unis in London require A level Maths. I did not take this for A levels (although I achieved a 7/A in GCSE.) I do not want to go outside of London for uni; is anyone aware of good unis in london that will offer me a place on a finance course without the need for maths A level?
Most reputable universities will require A level Maths for finance type courses. Your options would be to resit year 12 taking Maths A level, Take a different kind of course such as business or management which doesnt have the same requirement or looking at taking a foundation year. I suspect resitting year 12 and taking Maths will be your best option.
z.13_ZH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You could take a foundation year, it's only a year extra and it's tailored specifically for the course. You could check around and see which unis you like that do one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads