The Student Room Group

My parents told me not to use Discord, but I still do and I'm worried they will find

Please help me!

Twice now, my parents have told me not to use Discord. I kept using it behind ther backs because I have some very good friends which I cannot step away from.

For the past few months I have been installing it before I go to school, and deleting it in the evenings in case they check my phone. This evening, my mum saw me deleting it, and I'm worried that they will check in the night. I did delete it, so they cannot immediately access it, but I am wotrried that they will ask me to install it and show them.

I am really worried. What should I do?

Please help!
Why do your parents not allow you to use it?
Can't you explain that you're just talking to friends?

Don't see why it should be a problem :confused:
Reply 2
When you read up about the problems with Discord, I can understand your parents' concern; even the owner admits there's little control in the private chat, and the content can be shocking. Even if you have just set up a group chat with specific people, it doesn't stop the worry that you could get access to other areas of the site.

Find another way to message your friends; you don't need to use Discord for that, and show your parents that you are being responsible by using a different app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending