ytng03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
apparently if i'm good at maths i should be good at science according to my science teachers?? i'm pretty good at maths, i get 7s if i don't revise at all but with science, even if i do revise i only get 4s and 5s?
pls reply with how you all revised for science because damn i really need some help
Advertisement
BlueFlash3927
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not necessarily, as not all of science is mathematical.
I drew mind maps, made tables, wrote glossaries, did a heck of a load of Bitesize revision, watched Crashcourse Science (might be a bit advanced in places), and used revision books. Correction, relied on them with my life. They are condensed, and cut out the waffle, which as a panicking GCSE student I thought optimal. I did all of the questions in the revision books, and marked all of my answers. I also reread all my textbooks from start to finish, and attempted the end of topic questions. Past papers are your best friend - If you do enough, you will start finding recurring questions with a similar style of answer.
GCSE, in all honesty, at its basic level, is just knowing mark schemes and being able to quote them at relevant times.
Hope this helps , and good luck !
BBambiS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by BlueFlash3927)
Not necessarily, as not all of science is mathematical.
I drew mind maps, made tables, wrote glossaries, did a heck of a load of Bitesize revision, watched Crashcourse Science (might be a bit advanced in places), and used revision books. Correction, relied on them with my life. They are condensed, and cut out the waffle, which as a panicking GCSE student I thought optimal. I did all of the questions in the revision books, and marked all of my answers. I also reread all my textbooks from start to finish, and attempted the end of topic questions. Past papers are your best friend - If you do enough, you will start finding recurring questions with a similar style of answer.
GCSE, in all honesty, at its basic level, is just knowing mark schemes and being able to quote them at relevant times.
Hope this helps , and good luck !
Agree
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
science isn't really complex maths, I'm not amazing at maths but am doing alevels in 2 sciences 🤷 I'd recommend learning the key theories and key words. do alot of practice questions to see what are the key parts they want.

all pretty much what blue flash said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (571)
34.34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (333)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.51%

Watched Threads