Worried about coronavirus - returning to school

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So im going back to school tommorow after half term. my school did a trip to some ski place in italy - i wasnt there but other people were. just read today about the massive outbreak in northern italy, which is obviously where the ski resorts are. now im ****ting myself about these people returning to school who may potentially have the virus! what can i do? surely the school should be taking precautions and have these people checked for the virus?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
So im going back to school tommorow after half term. my school did a trip to some ski place in italy - i wasnt there but other people were. just read today about the massive outbreak in northern italy, which is obviously where the ski resorts are. now im ****ting myself about these people returning to school who may potentially have the virus! what can i do? surely the school should be taking precautions and have these people checked for the virus?
Don't go to school. Tell your parents about your concerns.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
no need to worry yet, turns out it was to andorra but still worried as other people may have been to italy etc
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
on a seperate note im also concerned because my cousin has been travelling australia and southeast asia for the last few months, thailand vietnam cabodia laos etc. just wondering will she have to go into isolation when she returns? will she be checked, temp etc
KittyGurl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The school will be advised by your council. If there's no real threat, your school will remain open.

However, I don't think you should feel panicked by the corona virus anyway. It seems to be a mere flu.

Hope your first day back goes well.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
(Original post by KittyGurl)
The school will be advised by your council. If there's no real threat, your school will remain open.

However, I don't think you should feel panicked by the corona virus anyway. It seems to be a mere flu.

Hope your first day back goes well.
as said, read above dont think it will be a problem. i seem to have a permenant cold for the last six months so im not sure if that makes me more vulnerable to viruses like that.
KittyGurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i seem to have a permenant cold for the last six months so im not sure if that makes me more vulnerable to viruses like that.
Have you had your cold checked up on?

I'm not doctor but I presume not - go get your cold sorted though! You won't have to worry about the corona virus if you end up dead from a chest infection.

All the best.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Have you had your cold checked up on?

I'm not doctor but I presume not - go get your cold sorted though! You won't have to worry about the corona virus if you end up dead from a chest infection.

All the best.
No, not had it checked out but am going to probably book an appointment soon. It's got worse recently.
KittyGurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, not had it checked out but am going to probably book an appointment soon. It's got worse recently.
Then that should be your main concern.

Book an appointment for tomorrow and whilst you're there, ask if there's any risk of the corona virus in your area.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The great majority of those dying are old, very young or immune compromised in some way. At your age the odds are it will feel like normal flu and you should recover. That said, virus mutate all the time and it could become more dangerous. Your best bet is to go to China ASAP and get it over with. 😁👍
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Then that should be your main concern.

Book an appointment for tomorrow and whilst you're there, ask if there's any risk of the corona virus in your area.
Will do. There was a scare a week or so ago of a GP surgery about 20 miles away after it was deep-cleaned but it was just a precaution. without sounding a bit racist, i am a little worried some times because there's a private school near me and a lot of the students there are east asians who board there, and in my area in general. a lot of people a round my way are city workers, so they're obviously coming into contact with dozens of people, many from other countries and themselves have travelled etc
KittyGurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Will do. There was a scare a week or so ago of a GP surgery about 20 miles away after it was deep-cleaned but it was just a precaution. without sounding a bit racist, i am a little worried some times because there's a private school near me and a lot of the students there are east asians who board there, and in my area in general. a lot of people a round my way are city workers, so they're obviously coming into contact with dozens of people, many from other countries and themselves have travelled etc
My local children's hospital was deep cleaned and put into locked down. I completely understand your concerns.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no need to worry yet, turns out it was to andorra but still worried as other people may have been to italy etc
Ok

on a seperate note im also concerned because my cousin has been travelling australia and southeast asia for the last few months, thailand vietnam cabodia laos etc. just wondering will she have to go into isolation when she returns? will she be checked, temp etc
She defo has to go into isolation. Dont go near her for at least 14 days
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Ok

She defo has to go into isolation. Dont go near her for at least 14 days
Would that be self isolation or compulsory? It's just that shes coming back because my grandad is dying.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would that be self isolation or compulsory? It's just that shes coming back because my grandad is dying.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope things go well for you and your family.

I think it is self-isolation as long as she did not enter China.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope things go well for you and your family.

I think it is self-isolation as long as she did not enter China.
I'll have to check, she was planning to go to HK but stopped after the demonstrations, and now the coronavirus...lol poor Hong Kong.

JUST CHECKED: She flew out from cambodia as that was the only country in SEA allowing passeners to leave by plane. wore a mask in the plane, got a connecting flight to LHR from Kuala Lumpur
Last edited by Ferrograd; 4 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
You have much more chance of dying from crossing the road or through pollution or the flu.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Imagined a world where homeschooled children are the only inheritors of the earth...
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'll have to check, she was planning to go to HK but stopped after the demonstrations, and now the coronavirus...lol poor Hong Kong.

JUST CHECKED: She flew out from cambodia as that was the only country in SEA allowing passeners to leave by plane. wore a mask in the plane, got a connecting flight to LHR from Kuala Lumpur
Alright, but be extra careful
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You have much more chance of dying from crossing the road or through pollution or the flu.
only if your into running across motorways. death rate 2-4% hospitalization around 20%. dont panic but be prepared for its arrival. when it does avoid crowds meetings wear a decent mask and wash your hands. its an adaptive bug it will mutate with luck it may weaken.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads