Can dead people visit you in your dreams?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This might be super weird and sound really stupid okay, and I don't need people to tell me that sort of thing is ridiculous or whatever, so if you don't believe in it please just don't say anything.

My brother died months ago, and I'm recovered from it all mostly. I had a dream last night though, and he was in it. It was like an alternate reality thing. We didn't have a really close relationship when he was alive, something I regret now but know wasn't all my fault. In the dream he was different, and we had that kind of sibling relationship I'd have liked to have with him in real life. There was a moment in the dream where he smiled at me, and honestly it felt so real that when I woke up I kind of forgot it wasn't reality.

I'm just starting to think, what if this was a sign or something? Like his way of saying he's sorry about what happened in life and that we weren't close?
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so if you don't believe in it please just don't say anything.

I'm just starting to think, what if this was a sign or something? Like his way of saying he's sorry about what happened in life and that we weren't close?
I'm sorry but it sounds like your mind is already made up
hunchoM
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I’ve had that happen multiple times, if they’re smiling then it means they’re happy I guess
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry for your loss. It could be or it could be just you’re missing him
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it is a product of your mind
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, this actually happens with my mum, her dad visits her in her dreams sometimes.
I mean, I believe in stuff like spirits and the dead visiting or haunting, but for people who don’t, I think it’s a way for the brain to heal and cope with the loss of a loved one. I think you should view this positively. I agree with your point about your brother forgiving you, I think it’s a sign that you can now move on.
Sorry for you loss, I hope you can heal from this. Best wishes x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (145)
30.08%
No (337)
69.92%

Watched Threads