Mil_Jeans
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone,
I'm goanna give my IGCSE this year and I was wondering if you guys have any 'before you buy' sort of 'before you give your IGCSE' advice for me.
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just be prepared with the content well
IGCSE is quite simple and straightforward. For the sciences give to-the-point answers with keywords
For history make sure you quote a historian or give enough evidence. Be thorough with the content. Cold war and hitler part fo history should be done well
Add maths and ext maths papers- print them from 2000 onwards and just solve and you will realise that after 15 papers you already know the style of questions and they are very repetitive.
economics know your content and past papers
computer science past papers and textbook questions
these were the subjects i took

English practice is key as well. esp language

I think past papers helped me get my A* cause i knew how to write and what to write where
ath79
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sumi Shanks)
Just be prepared with the content well
IGCSE is quite simple and straightforward. For the sciences give to-the-point answers with keywords
For history make sure you quote a historian or give enough evidence. Be thorough with the content. Cold war and hitler part fo history should be done well
Add maths and ext maths papers- print them from 2000 onwards and just solve and you will realise that after 15 papers you already know the style of questions and they are very repetitive.
economics know your content and past papers
computer science past papers and textbook questions
these were the subjects i took

English practice is key as well. esp language

I think past papers helped me get my A* cause i knew how to write and what to write where
what resources (e.g. study guides, textbooks) did you use for IGCSE sciences? I'm doing Edexcel
for economics did you do Edexcel or Cambridge IGCSE? what's the main difference between the 2, which one is easier?
and for English language (I'm doing Cambridge) what resources did you use? did you buy any textbooks?
thank you so much!!
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Aren’t your exams cancelled now?

I didn’t but any extra textbooks for English. I made my notes using YouTube videos and online resources

I did Cambridge IGCSE and i think edexcel is easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (206)
52.28%
No, they should still go ahead (56)
14.21%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (132)
33.5%

Watched Threads