My friend plagiarised my work. What do I do?

Watch
Scared/stressed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend copied my concession paragraph. I sent her a copy of my concession asking if it sounded okay. And she texted me back saying it was really good. Anyways, so a few days later I got called up to the teachers office saying I plagiarised her work (because she sent hers in first). I was allowed to read her work and saw she had the same quote I used as well as a very similar explanation. It was a quote I had seen previously in an ancient history lesson (a class that she doesn’t take) and it’s not something you could search and find easily. I have proof of searching the quote and the historian and well as a text from her saying it was really good. If she had legitimately found and used that quote before me would she have pointed out that we used the same quote?

But apart from this I have no evidence that she didn’t find it herself. Is that enough grounds to accuse her?
blehlara
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you have a copy of your work with the date (preferably digital as the date is more reliable and can't be easily edited) show it to someone in authority and tell them your situation.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scared/stressed)
My friend copied my concession paragraph. I sent her a copy of my concession asking if it sounded okay. And she texted me back saying it was really good. Anyways, so a few days later I got called up to the teachers office saying I plagiarised her work (because she sent hers in first). I was allowed to read her work and saw she had the same quote I used as well as a very similar explanation. It was a quote I had seen previously in an ancient history lesson (a class that she doesn’t take) and it’s not something you could search and find easily. I have proof of searching the quote and the historian and well as a text from her saying it was really good. If she had legitimately found and used that quote before me would she have pointed out that we used the same quote?

But apart from this I have no evidence that she didn’t find it herself. Is that enough grounds to accuse her?
Just show your evidence (and have her confess they are not a true friend if they don't do so)
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Show the teacher your message where you sent your work asking if it’s okay. Are you in sixth form or which year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.13%
No (334)
69.87%

Watched Threads