Out of touch universities are losing nation’s trust

Watch
GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...rust-kvf90dlgv

Vice-chancellors and senior governors said universities’ ‘sneering’ attitudes towards patriotism, fat-cat pay packets and grade inflation have broken down public trust, The Times reported.

I have been on the receiving end of abuse for standing up to for my views and have been given written warnings for standing up to my uni.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...rust-kvf90dlgv

Vice-chancellors and senior governors said universities’ ‘sneering’ attitudes towards patriotism, fat-cat pay packets and grade inflation have broken down public trust, The Times reported.

I have been on the receiving end of abuse for standing up to for my views and have been given written warnings for standing up to my uni.
The headline and the Times article aren’t representative of the Policy Exchange report. The Times article is basically a collection of saloon bar prejudices. The report is a much more sensible study.

To highlight the biggest flaw in the Times article; why on earth would the people who manage universities be complaining about the management of universities.
Last edited by nulli tertius; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wonder how many Times journalists, editors and owners will be pushing their children to do apprenticeships instead of university :flute:
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
The headline and the Times article aren’t representative of the Policy Exchange report. The Times article is basically a collection of saloon bar prejudices. The report is a much more sensible study.

To highlight the biggest flaw in the Times article; why on earth would the people who manage universities be complaining about the management of universities.
Maybe, like drivers caught in a traffic jam, they think the problem is caused by all the other idiots trying to do the exact same thing as them at the exact same time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads