What matters to you, matters to usWatch
On this discussion board, you can ask us any questions about the services we offer that will support you whilst you’re here with us at Plymouth.
As a first insight into what services our Student Support offer, we have the S.P.A.C.E café. This is our wellbeing café. It’s open to all students and the friendly staff there really encourage anyone who may be feeling anxious to go along, have a drink and have a chat. There’s a range of games and books, or you could take down a musical instrument. For those of you who find value being outdoors, there’s also a calming garden where you can grow your own mini garden.
Have you got any questions about our S.P.A.C.E café, or any other of our support services
Have a browse of our new Student Hub, which has all of our student services.
We'll be back soon with more on what matters to you! Keep an eye out.
Here at Plym, we have a number of different events and programmes dedicated to mindfulness/mediation. They could be good for meeting like-minded people, having some quiet time, or reducing stress.
- a 6-week training programme (one is currently running throughout February and March)
- talks that happen throughout the year on staying well and working well
- Mood Boost courses - learning skills to feel better, happier, more relaxed and confident
- a society called Student Minds
- a society called Meditation Society who offer weekly meditation sessions (they also yoga sessions)
This is just an example of the mindfulness opportunities we have on campus. If you have any questions, just drop us a message.
~ Catherine, University of Plymouth