The Student Room Group

Is there anyone doing A level as an external/private candidate

If so, did they give you an exam statement, cause since this is my first time doing an exam out of school I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wait for them to give me one, and if I'm waiting then not sure for how long I should wait
Yeah, I the got exam statement/exam timetable. I received it when i got entered for my exams in November.
Reply 2
Original post by Ajwad45676
Yeah, I the got exam statement/exam timetable. I received it when i got entered for my exams in November.

I applied for the summer exams, did they give you as soon as they entered you for the exams?
Original post by Bluerainy
I applied for the summer exams, did they give you as soon as they entered you for the exams?

Yh, the exam officer printed out the exam timetable and receipt straight after i was entered and she signed it.
Reply 4
Original post by Ajwad45676
Yh, the exam officer printed out the exam timetable and receipt straight after i was entered and she signed it.

My examiner just emailed me payment has been received but I didn't receive any exam statement or confirmation of being entered and it's months... I don't know if I should contact her or if I'm just overthinking
Reply 5
i’m doing mine as a private candidate and on the form it said to contact them if i’ve not received it 2 weeks before my first exam but this thread is making me question that lmao, there’s no harm in emailing the exam centre tho, nothing to lose from it
Make sure you contact them to check the entry has been put on
Reply 7
Original post by htmr
i’m doing mine as a private candidate and on the form it said to contact them if i’ve not received it 2 weeks before my first exam but this thread is making me question that lmao, there’s no harm in emailing the exam centre tho, nothing to lose from it

Yh I'm worried too, so I'm gonna email the examiner to send a statement of entry and whether it's confirmed that I've been entered for the exam. Better safe then sorry, imagine worst case scenario, you find out you haven't been put through just before exam and it's now too late and you lose your uni place as well as a year 😬
Original post by Bluerainy
Yh I'm worried too, so I'm gonna email the examiner to send a statement of entry and whether it's confirmed that I've been entered for the exam. Better safe then sorry, imagine worst case scenario, you find out you haven't been put through just before exam and it's now too late and you lose your uni place as well as a year 😬

I think the deadline went for entering students for exams😬. I think there’s a fee now.

Quick Reply

Latest