The Student Room Group

People don’t care right?

Hi,

So I’ve got a chipped tooth(One of the front tooth) and ever since it broke, I’ve been getting fillings. Obv the dentists aren’t that good at making it look Identical to the other But they do try and sometimes it doesn’t even look bad. The fillings do get chipped and everytime I go I feel like they make it worse (but not that bad that I cry about it). Do you think people notice? I tell myself no ones cares because no one has ever said anything bad about one of the front tooths which means it’s fine. How do I just move on?
Well if no one has ever said anything about it then I bet that it would be fine. Obviously since I haven't seen it I can't say for sure, but to your question of if people notice, probably not often. I mean how often do you show your teeth anyway? Personally I don't flash my teeth even when smiling much. So on the occasions when you do flash your teeth, there is an even smaller chance that someone would be looking close enough to notice. And would they care? I would guess that most of the time they wouldn't. People are generally more focused and concerned with their own self image than that of someone else. So I would guess that in the long run it wouldn't be much of a problem, unless you just can't let it go. I don't have any tips on how to let it go, you just have to try to come to terms with it I guess. You could keep getting it fixed for yourself if it matters that much to you, or you could leave it alone. I would suggest you do whichever feels best for you, not because you feel like someone else would think it looks better. I hope this helped!
Just a guess, but at the end of the day fillings are a bit on the temporary side, they'll likely always need to grind out that bit more each time. :/

To me 'perfect' teeth is perfect skin or perfect hair, they rarely exist outside of fiction or serious money and effort.
Your dentist should be able to repair a front tooth using composite materials which are tooth coloured, and while results regarding colour vary a little, they should be able to do a repair which is virtually undetectable. Long term you're probably looking at a crown but that's not cheap even on the NHS.
I do notice peoples teeth because I'm in the business (dental nurse) but you'd be surprised how many people don't notice or just aren't bothered.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Just a guess, but at the end of the day fillings are a bit on the temporary side, they'll likely always need to grind out that bit more each time. :/

To me 'perfect' teeth is perfect skin or perfect hair, they rarely exist outside of fiction or serious money and effort.

Yh that’s right. I’m going to get a crown in a few months so I guess I just gotta be patient
Reply 5
Original post by Delta55
Your dentist should be able to repair a front tooth using composite materials which are tooth coloured, and while results regarding colour vary a little, they should be able to do a repair which is virtually undetectable. Long term you're probably looking at a crown but that's not cheap even on the NHS.
I do notice peoples teeth because I'm in the business (dental nurse) but you'd be surprised how many people don't notice or just aren't bothered.

Ahh thank you. This made me feel so much better. Yes I’ll be getting a crown in a few months. Would a crown look identical to the other front tooth?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Well if no one has ever said anything about it then I bet that it would be fine. Obviously since I haven't seen it I can't say for sure, but to your question of if people notice, probably not often. I mean how often do you show your teeth anyway? Personally I don't flash my teeth even when smiling much. So on the occasions when you do flash your teeth, there is an even smaller chance that someone would be looking close enough to notice. And would they care? I would guess that most of the time they wouldn't. People are generally more focused and concerned with their own self image than that of someone else. So I would guess that in the long run it wouldn't be much of a problem, unless you just can't let it go. I don't have any tips on how to let it go, you just have to try to come to terms with it I guess. You could keep getting it fixed for yourself if it matters that much to you, or you could leave it alone. I would suggest you do whichever feels best for you, not because you feel like someone else would think it looks better. I hope this helped!

Ahhh I’m a very smiley person. I can’t help it😭😭omg you’ve made me feel so much better. I just hope they don’t notice. I’ve got a small but noticeable gap (if someone was to get close to me they’ll realise lol) between my front tooth and right hand tooth.
Ahh thank you. This made me feel so much better. Yes I’ll be getting a crown in a few months. Would a crown look identical to the other front tooth?

It should do if it's made properly, it'll last a lot longer than having the tooth filled all the time and should look great.
Reply 8
Original post by Delta55
It should do if it's made properly, it'll last a lot longer than having the tooth filled all the time and should look great.

Oh yesss I can’t wait

Hi,

So I’ve got a chipped tooth(One of the front tooth) and ever since it broke, I’ve been getting fillings. Obv the dentists aren’t that good at making it look Identical to the other But they do try and sometimes it doesn’t even look bad. The fillings do get chipped and everytime I go I feel like they make it worse (but not that bad that I cry about it). Do you think people notice? I tell myself no ones cares because no one has ever said anything bad about one of the front tooths which means it’s fine. How do I just move on?

If no one asked you about it then I guess, they don't care if you have chipped tooth or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending