The Student Room Group

Can I create my own honest high school transcript to apply to top universities?

LET ME EXPLAIN!

Hey guys! Thanks for clicking onto this! :smile:

So.. I went to:

School A: Year 0-6. May/June Cambridge Checkpoint papers for Year 6 (Eng, Sci, Maths aka what the school had us do, other subjects not available.) I got 5.2/6, 6/6, 5/6 respectively.

School B: Year 6-7. so now I'm in Year 6 again due to diff semester timings & did it again, got 5.7/6, 6/6, 6/6 respectively for Oct/Nov papers.

School C: Year 8-10. It was a homeschool centre, so we didn't have Checkpoint for Year 9 :frown:

School D: okay, this is where it gets confusing. So I moved between different 'modes' or 'types' of source of education (examples include a tuition centre, home school aka self studying and having a guidance teacher once a week come over to talk about problems i didnt get. Year 11: a private & new international school which then shut down. So I quit school for a while (2019 April after school shut down) and now I'm in 2020 back on studying for my IGCSEs mostly in Oct/Nov 2020. I'm self-studying for 15 IGCSE subjects. After some time off and having learnt core studies of my subjects I found it much easier to study, understand, and memorize them. I've always been good at studying.. Just for context :smile:

My best high school transcripts were from School C (Year 8 - 10/9.5) (Straight As with some societies I joined & extracurricular awards)

But I don't really have an official* transcript after that. Since I'm back in school, self studying, ..Can I make my own one for Year 11 especially (aka the year 2020)?

I plan to go to a local private college for pre-universities to take my A-Levels and maybe a mix with self-studying for SATs Subject Tests. I will have transcripts for my time at the college & referral letters, yes :smile:.

Can I create my own honest, Year 11 high school transcript to apply to top universities/Ivy League/Russell Group Schools after my A-Levels at college?

Edit: sentence corrections
(edited 4 years ago)
I'd guess not. But since you're doing GCSEs and A levels, I'm not sure you'll need a transcript for UK universities, although it would be best to check with universities themselves. I can't speak for US universities so again it would be best to check, but I think it would be unlikely.
Original post by redmeercat
I'd guess not. But since you're doing GCSEs and A levels, I'm not sure you'll need a transcript for UK universities, although it would be best to check with universities themselves. I can't speak for US universities so again it would be best to check, but I think it would be unlikely.

Aahhhh! I understand, thank you for sharing!! :smile: That was helpful.
Original post by SheAimstraightAs
Aahhhh! I understand, thank you for sharing!! :smile: That was helpful.

Do you know about UCAS, etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending