Need help with A-level Spanish and/or French?

Watch
Soonie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey guys!

I did my A-levels back in 2018 and achieved an A in both Spanish and French. I'm happy to offer any help or advice on either of the subjects whether it's to do with general revision, the IRP, the literature/film essays, etc.
Jullar_9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Soonie)
Hey guys!

I did my A-levels back in 2018 and achieved an A in both Spanish and French. I'm happy to offer any help or advice on either of the subjects whether it's to do with general revision, the IRP, the literature/film essays, etc.
What is the best way to study French if I get one month before exam
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Soonie)
Hey guys!

Think the people in the French and Spanish revision groups might really find that useful

You can find them here:

French Revision Group

Spanish Revision Group

It's amazing you are willing to help out
Soonie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Think the people in the French and Spanish revision groups might really find that useful

You can find them here:

French Revision Group

Spanish Revision Group

It's amazing you are willing to help out
Ooo I didn't see them thank you!
imimimi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey, is there any chance you could read over my Spanish IRP? It would be SO SO helpful
ml.123
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey! I do French and Spanish A Level as well and I can't lie I'm finding them a bit tricky! How importamt would you say further reading is and is it important to keep up to date with the news because my teachers always recomnmend that but I can't imagine where it would ever be useful. Also for French I sue franceinfo and I think it's a really useful website but I don't know if there is an equivalent for that in Spanish? Lastly, seeing as now we're learning from home, I think that the most difficult aspect to keep in practice is the speaking and a bit of the listening; any tips for that such as apps, websites etc? Thank you so much and I know I have a lot of questions, it's just you've really come along when I needed help most!
ChicaDelTeatro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I'm studying both French and Spanish at A-Level, our films are Entre Les Murs and El Laberinto Del Fauno. For ELDF (homework/school-from-home-work), I have to write 2x 250 word essays. Could you have a look at them once they're written and see if I have the right ideas? I really appreciate this thread.
imimimi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ml.123)
Hey! I do French and Spanish A Level as well and I can't lie I'm finding them a bit tricky! How importamt would you say further reading is and is it important to keep up to date with the news because my teachers always recomnmend that but I can't imagine where it would ever be useful. Also for French I sue franceinfo and I think it's a really useful website but I don't know if there is an equivalent for that in Spanish? Lastly, seeing as now we're learning from home, I think that the most difficult aspect to keep in practice is the speaking and a bit of the listening; any tips for that such as apps, websites etc? Thank you so much and I know I have a lot of questions, it's just you've really come along when I needed help most!
Hi, I'm a year 13 Spanish student on AQA. We were also told that keeping up with current events is important, and to be honest I would say it's very helpful but not essential. Exam questions are often based on current events (just look at past papers...immigration, Mexico v Trump, Catalonia independence etc), so having a knowledge of them will make this easier. Current events can also be useful examples during the speaking. But don't spend too much time on this, maybe just like a 10 min weekly review of what's happened in the Spanish speaking world or something?? I just followed some Spanish news twitter accounts. Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise