The Student Room Group

Best way to learn quotes quickly?

title
Hey! For my GCSES and my Alevel English Lit I used flash cards throughout, I stuck them all around my house in places that I would constantly see, silly places even like the bathroom, they worked for me! I’d recommend looking for quotes with more meaning and less words if that makes sense, look for quotes with semantics, imagery, word play and just simple things that you can relate back easily to the character or whatever.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by loubond_007
Hey! For my GCSES and my Alevel English Lit I used flash cards throughout, I stuck them all around my house in places that I would constantly see, silly places even like the bathroom, they worked for me! I’d recommend looking for quotes with more meaning and less words if that makes sense, look for quotes with semantics, imagery, word play and just simple things that you can relate back easily to the character or whatever.
Hope this helps!

thank you!
Look at them, read them then go away and try to write them all down from memory. This works best if you have your quotes in a different place so you have to walk between the place where your notes are and where you're writing them down so you can't cheat haha. Just keep doing that until you can write them out without having to look at them several times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending