Am I the average size for my age?

Watch
MrBiggs01010101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a 16 year old male.

I am approximately 178cm tall (5ft 10") and I weigh approximately 72 kg.

My mum thinks I'm very fat and is demanding I go on a diet, eat less and go to the gym - only because I grew out my school trousers which have a 30 inch waist (and I now have a 32 inch waist). I don't think I'm fat or really overweight... I deffinately have been in better shape before but it's only been two months since the christmas holidays and I've just had a week off school for half term, so I think I'll lose some weight in the next month.

So...

Am I overweight?
Owenstampy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, the truth it the majority people would be *better off* if they lost a small amount of weight, doesn't mean your fat.

Don't let it get to you.

My advice Is don't buy any fatty snacks or ask your parents to stop buying them (from what you've said I'm sure they'll be willing to) even if you search the cupboards once an hour to be greeted with no snacks it's better than eating.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MrBiggs01010101)
I am a 16 year old male.

I am approximately 178cm tall (5ft 10") and I weigh approximately 72 kg.
Based pretty much solely on your height to weight ratio, I would say no. I'm mainly comparing it to myself, who has a (much) worse ratio than you yet manages to be fine. I'm not the skinniest, but I am not overweight either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads