The Student Room Group

puberty

should you wax your fanny or shave
Reply 1
If your hair grows back fast or you don't like stubble I would wax.. this is very painful though

Shaving is easier but don't go against the grain
The problem with shaving is, that it can be quite itchy when the hairs start growing back.
I tend to keep mine trimmed, much better all round.
Reply 3
Original post by Karisa96
The problem with shaving is, that it can be quite itchy when the hairs start growing back.
I tend to keep mine trimmed, much better all round.

I Agree
Original post by BBambiS
I Agree

Thankyou. Xx
Original post by kyliephr
should you wax your fanny or shave

You should do neither if you can cope with keeping the hair.

Otherwise, it’s whatever works best for you. Waxing will be very painful because the hair is coarse, though it will take longer to grow back.
Shaving will be instant and painless, but will never leave you completely smooth, risks getting cut, and can encourage infections and ingrown hairs. It also grows back much faster. You should also use a shaving cream or gel to help the razor glide and minimise the chance of cuts; the vulva is not as flat and smooth as legs!

If you choose shaving, for the sake of your showers plug hole please (carefully) trim as much off as you can first! I’ve moved into so many houses and had to unblock the plug hole to find a load of body/pubic hair from the previous tenant in there 😷 Just generally not nice even if it’s your own.

Quick Reply

Latest