The Student Room Group

What’s with this guy?

Well I was very drunk.
I was at a house party and my friend sat me down on the arm of a chair because I was unsteady. I kind of slid off the arm and someone was kind of, in the chair.
We had a lot of common interests. We started talking. All the while I was literally in his lap. We got along- he asked me if I had a boyfriend etc.
He gave me his phone and I put my insta in.
Sounds like a solid start right?

He hasn’t said anything to me since.
And I may have drunkenly chatted his best mate up on his parents bed straight after that? I feel terrible about that detail obviously.

The thing is I think I actually kind of like the guy? I’m confused because he gave me his socials but he obviously had no intent of messaging me afterwards?
Was it because of the way I unintentionally spoke to his friend?
Does he not remember who the hell I am?
He views everything I put up within 2 minutes and he likes everything I post so like?
What’s his deal?
Should I just give up and go drunkenly land on someone else or like.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I was very drunk.
I was at a house party and my friend sat me down on the arm of a chair because I was unsteady. I kind of slid off the arm and someone was kind of, in the chair.
We had a lot of common interests. We started talking. All the while I was literally in his lap. We got along- he asked me if I had a boyfriend etc.
He gave me his phone and I put my insta in.
Sounds like a solid start right?

He hasn’t said anything to me since.
And I may have drunkenly chatted his best mate up on his parents bed straight after that? I feel terrible about that detail obviously.

The thing is I think I actually kind of like the guy? I’m confused because he gave me his socials but he obviously had no intent of messaging me afterwards?
Was it because of the way I unintentionally spoke to his friend?
Does he not remember who the hell I am?
He views everything I put up within 2 minutes and he likes everything I post so like?
What’s his deal?
Should I just give up and go drunkenly land on someone else or like.

Chill, he's taking his time and could be waiting for the right moment to talk to you. Or, as you said, he might not be interested in you in that way; he could just be a flirtatious person in general and this meant nothing of what you're thinking of it.

In all cases, you'll never know with the information you have at hand but only if there are subsequent developments in your story.
Instead of waiting for him to message you, you can message him first?
Reply 3
Instead of waiting for him to message you, you can message him first?

It’s been a literal week. I think I’ve left it too long 💀
Reply 4
Chill, he's taking his time and could be waiting for the right moment to talk to you. Or, as you said, he might not be interested in you in that way; he could just be a flirtatious person in general and this meant nothing of what you're thinking of it.

In all cases, you'll never know with the information you have at hand but only if there are subsequent developments in your story.

There’s is no subsequent development. That is my issue.
There’s is no subsequent development. That is my issue.

As it seems that you are interested in him, I would find the occasion to talk to him, no matter how much time passes. Since you have him on social media, I'm sure you can strike up a conversation over a future post of his or a 'story' or whatever that might be. One week is literally not a very long time. I had someone who spoke to me after a year and I still found it cute. I think you're very hesitant in this scenario and you should develop a more determined attitude.
It’s been a literal week. I think I’ve left it too long 💀

A week is not too long. Do you know of any other parties that will be coming up soon? You could either ask if he is going to whatever one or invite him to one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending