The Student Room Group

Why are people so obsessed with this website

I find it weird when people have more than, say, 10,000 posts. I understand it's very addictive (I used to have more than 4,000 on my old account), but even I couldn't spend that much time on here, and I've been here since 2015.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haha, yeah it really is addictive.
I've been here almost eight years. It adds up.
10,000 isn't too different from 4,000. I have not even 200 posts and I've been here since 2016 (on numerous accounts). Can't you answer the question yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
I've been here almost eight years. It adds up.

Whoa. How different was it back then?
Once you start posting, it becomes very addictive.
Plus what else would you do in your spare time anyway.
Reply 6
Original post by eeiiiiio
10,000 isn't too different from 4,000. I have not even 200 posts and I've been here since 2016 (on numerous accounts). Can't you answer the question yourself?

True, but in 5 years, I only managed to rack up 4000 posts (it was a joined account with my sister and we both used it A LOT). However, 4000 isn't even half of 10K, so I was just wondering how people have so many. No hate or anything, just wondering.
Original post by chloenix
Whoa. How different was it back then?

Negative rep was a thing when I joined so the forum felt far more hostile and unwelcoming back then.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
Negative rep was a thing when I joined so the forum felt far more hostile and unwelcoming back then.

Oh yeah that doesn't sound too good
...and introverted :redface:
procrastination
Gives me an excuse to procrastinate :dontknow:
Reply 12
Original post by MidgetFever
Gives me an excuse to procrastinate :dontknow:

I made this thread because I can't be bothered to study :tongue:
Reply 13
Thing is, you can get 100 posts in a night if there's a controversial or argumentative thread
Gives me something to do on the bus to and from Uni and also a way to help newbie students :smile:
Reply 15
I find it weird when people have more than, say, 10,000 posts. I understand it's very addictive (I used to have more than 4,000 on my old account), but even I couldn't spend that much time on here, and I've been here since 2015.

idk i just find it relaxing, lol

Those are questions best left to GOD (The Colonel from KFC).
:iiam:

:ninja:

You're right, I really must see the doctor about this @harrysbar
Reply 19

I help out in Maths mainly and have got over 15,000 posts there. Ignore the other 10,000 :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest