No A-level/GCSE but want to go to music conservatoire/uni

Watch
eightsunflowers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anybody know any music conservatoires/unis that would accept these grades?

- L2 Maths Functional Skills
- L2 English Functional Skills
- Performing Arts and Music Diploma L1
- Music Performance (Extended) Diploma L3

I was unable to complete a lot of exams due to health reasons beyond my control but I have recovered now. I am just wondering if any places would consider me?

Thanks
blackthrn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you know how many ucas points that’s worth? leeds college of music accept 96 ucas points including the music performance extended diploma.
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eightsunflowers)

I was unable to complete a lot of exams due to health reasons beyond my control but I have recovered now. I am just wondering if any places would consider me?

Thanks
Hi! I had a very quick Google, and it may be worth phoning some of these places up to see if they would accept you. There are quite a few that accept experience instead of or alongside traditional qualifications including this one (I took a guess at courses, sorry). I wish you the best of luck, and sorry you came upon bad circumstances
jess323
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eightsunflowers)

Thanks
Leeds college of music may be worth having a look at although I’m not entirely sure, most places base it off audition if you have a legitimate reason why you couldn’t complete
eightsunflowers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
do you know how many ucas points that’s worth? leeds college of music accept 96 ucas points including the music performance extended diploma.
Leeds college of music is one I am hoping to go to, if I don't get accepted at LIPA. UCAS calc says 176.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.71%
No (647)
65.29%

Watched Threads