Most of me aches...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yesterday I was playing football with a bunch of friends. As I am an unfit person, my legs ache, my back aches and my arms. (you get the idea)
Are there any suggestions on how I make this pain go away? It normally happens like when I stretch one of the aching body parts
ty
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yesterday I was playing football with a bunch of friends. As I am an unfit person, my legs ache, my back aches and my arms. (you get the idea)
Are there any suggestions on how I make this pain go away? It normally happens like when I stretch one of the aching body parts
ty
Not really. It'll go away on its own accord in a few days. You could try a warm bath, and some gentle exercise like walking but it won't make a huge amount of difference.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Not really. It'll go away on its own accord in a few days. You could try a warm bath, and some gentle exercise like walking but it won't make a huge amount of difference.
Alright, thanks
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ty
There is nothing that can be done. It is terminal I'm afraid.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What Reality Check said. You can try some paracetamol/ibuprofen as well.
eisb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's pretty normal! Sounds like the DOMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaye...uscle_soreness
It will go away by itself within a few days, but it's also normal that it might get a bit worse tomorrow before it gets better. Personally I find gentle exercise (like gentle walking) helps, a warm bath, maybe some ibuprofen if you can take it (no asthma/stomach problems etc). Not much else you can do do apart from wait!
Don't let it stop you playing football again! I always find the first time doing a new type of exercise is the worst, and after subsequent sessions I get hardly any pain afterwards. Also, always make sure you also do a good warm up and cool down.
All the best
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eisb)
That's pretty normal! Sounds like the DOMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaye...uscle_soreness
It will go away by itself within a few days, but it's also normal that it might get a bit worse tomorrow before it gets better. Personally I find gentle exercise (like gentle walking) helps, a warm bath, maybe some ibuprofen if you can take it (no asthma/stomach problems etc). Not much else you can do do apart from wait!
Don't let it stop you playing football again! I always find the first time doing a new type of exercise is the worst, and after subsequent sessions I get hardly any pain afterwards. Also, always make sure you also do a good warm up and cool down.
All the best
Thank u kind person, I appreciate u a lot
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
What Reality Check said. You can try some paracetamol/ibuprofen as well.
ah ok ty
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ty
One of the most important things to do when you do any kind or exercise you’re not used to is stretch. From what you’re describing, it sounds like you’re feeling the pain when you stretch your muscles. This is good; it means you haven’t done any damage and are just aching from the exercise, which is completely normal. Everyone gets this. The best thing you can do to promote recovery is gently push to make your muscles ache. This stretches them out as they repair themselves. If you were to repeat exercise without stretching, your muscles would shorten over time, then you would be more likely to cause damage by tearing them.

TLDR; gently stretch the muscles to make them ache on purpose and this will make the ache disappear faster and prevent you doing any damage.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite often a nice warm shower or bath will do the trick.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by carrotstar)
One of the most important things to do when you do any kind or exercise you’re not used to is stretch. From what you’re describing, it sounds like you’re feeling the pain when you stretch your muscles. This is good; it means you haven’t done any damage and are just aching from the exercise, which is completely normal. Everyone gets this. The best thing you can do to promote recovery is gently push to make your muscles ache. This stretches them out as they repair themselves. If you were to repeat exercise without stretching, your muscles would shorten over time, then you would be more likely to cause damage by tearing them.

TLDR; gently stretch the muscles to make them ache on purpose and this will make the ache disappear faster and prevent you doing any damage.
oh wow thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.82%
No (77)
21.1%
Not sure (66)
18.08%

Watched Threads