Midnight4675
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
using approximations to 1 s.f. estimate the value of 0.482 x61.2 squared divided by the square root of 98.01

can anyone help please??

thank you.
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're estimating, you change the values by 1 significant figure and the equation will be easier to calculate by yourself
Midnight4675
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yeah i tried that but the question is worth three marks and i got one from rounding the values by 1.s.f but i cant figure how to get the other two marks since ive showed the working. its mathswatch revision that i was supposed to complete during half term but it didnt work out, its so annoying!

thanks though

(Original post by PetitePanda)
If you're estimating, you change the values by 1 significant figure and the equation will be easier to calculate by yourself
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Midnight4675)
yeah i tried that but the question is worth three marks and i got one from rounding the values by 1.s.f but i cant figure how to get the other two marks since ive showed the working. its mathswatch revision that i was supposed to complete during half term but it didnt work out, its so annoying!

thanks though
Can you post what you wrote?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads