Trogloyte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm a sucker for Shakespeare, and whenever guys read out scenes from his plays passionately my knees get weak. I LOVE the Elizabethan/ Shakesperean English language- so much that I will fully get my boyfriend to read out certain passages of the play to me, and I will force him to say the words as he means them, he said I'm a weird geek, but he finds it cute.
I don't want to scare him, is this weird?
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nah, it's nice to be passionate about something. Doesn't make you weird.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Trogloyte)
I'm a sucker for Shakespeare, and whenever guys read out scenes from his plays passionately my knees get weak. I LOVE the Elizabethan/ Shakesperean English language- so much that I will fully get my boyfriend to read out certain passages of the play to me, and I will force him to say the words as he means them, he said I'm a weird geek, but he finds it cute.
I don't want to scare him, is this weird?
No it shows you have soul, not to be too precious. It is a great gift to appreciate such beauty and be moved by it. Few can nowadays sadly.

Shakespeare is the most wonderful poet in the language, utterly sublime.

Have you tried the sonnets? Don't go for the gay ones of course, but sonnet 18, or 29 for example?
Trogloyte
Rep:
?
(Original post by generallee)
No it shows you have soul, not to be too precious. It is a great gift to appreciate such beauty and be moved by it. Few can nowadays sadly.

Have you tried the sonnets? Don't go for the gay ones of course, but sonnet 18, or 29 for example?
Oh my goodness! No I have not heard of these please enlighten me.

My favourite soliloquies are definitely Hamlet's to be or not to be, Macbeth's tis this a dagger I see before me and Edmund for King Lears' now gods stand up for *******s.
Trogloyte
Rep:
?

Just googled these, sonnet 18 is absolutely breathtaking, shall I compare thee to a summers day- im in love
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Trogloyte)
Just googled these, sonnet 18 is absolutely breathtaking, shall I compare thee to a summers day- im in love
Sorry for the delay in replying, and glad you looked it up. It is delicious, isn't it?

If you like love poetry, have you tried John Donne? A contemporary of Shakespeare (ish) he wrote some wonderful stuff too:

"If ever any beauty I did see, which I desired and got,
T'was but a dream of thee..."
Trogloyte
Rep:
?
Sorry for the delay in replying, and glad you looked it up. It is delicious, isn't it?

If you like love poetry, have you tried John Donne? A contemporary of Shakespeare (ish) he wrote some wonderful stuff too:

"If ever any beauty I did see, which I desired and got,
T'was but a dream of thee..."
OOh that looks really good, defo will look this up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise