The Student Room Group

Imma cry

So I’m doing Duke of Edinburgh and as part of my volunteering I’m trying to work at this charity shop. Basically I had to fill out this online form on like personal info and why I wanted to work there and that was all good in the hood until now. So I now have to go to an interview in 12 days for a selection process. I’ve literally never been to an interview and am just an awkward potato so what do I do??? Please send in tips for interviews
why you want to volunteer there
what skills are needed to volunteer there and have you shown these skills before (yess, give examples)

be yourself :heart:
afterwards don't stress or overthink if possible, maybe reward yourself :wink:
dress in presentable and comfortable clothes
Original post by stereotypeasian
why you want to volunteer there
what skills are needed to volunteer there and have you shown these skills before (yess, give examples)

be yourself :heart:
afterwards don't stress or overthink if possible, maybe reward yourself :wink:
dress in presentable and comfortable clothes

Thankyou! I will be sure to do some extra research on the charity and think of examples of things I’ve already done that will benefit the role. I’ll try to not stress haha :smile:
Original post by Someonesendhelp
Thankyou! I will be sure to do some extra research on the charity and think of examples of things I’ve already done that will benefit the role. I’ll try to not stress haha :smile:

tell me how it goes :biggrin:
Original post by stereotypeasian
tell me how it goes :biggrin:

Will do. Thanks again for the help xx
Reply 5
Paid job or volunteering, interviews will go along similar lines and there is plenty of advice in here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033256

The point about examples is a valuable one; rather than 'what would you do in x situation?' a good interviewer will ask along the lines of "give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a situation involving x." It's a better way to get information from someone as it's more personal and genuine, and shows your experience.
In
Original post by Surnia
Paid job or volunteering, interviews will go along similar lines and there is plenty of advice in here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033256

The point about examples is a valuable one; rather than 'what would you do in x situation?' a good interviewer will ask along the lines of "give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a situation involving x." It's a better way to get information from someone as it's more personal and genuine, and shows your experience.

Thankyou this will really help me consider how I word my responses and I will be sure to check out that link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending