The Student Room Group

GCSEs

Hi all, I'm going to be teaching myself then resitting my GCSEs (technically IGCSEs) next year to get into vet school and I'm just looking for some advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation. I haven't been in education for 10 years so any revision tips, resources or computer programs to use will be appreciated . The subjects I'm going to be sitting are chemistry, biology, physics, maths, english language and one other I haven't chosen yet. Thanks.
Reply 1
YASSSS I can help as I am self taught..

I would recommend doing Edexcel IGCSE..
Save my exams is a great website for igcse resources its like £5 per month but its so worth it..
Make sure you get revision guides for each subjects.
Print of the specification for each of your subjects this will tell you exactly what you need to know. If you are doing Edexcel IGCSE you can print it off from Pearsons website.
Past papers are literally the best even if you don't know anything just copy down the answers and try and learn them and eventually you'll get better and better. Start from the oldest past papers to the newest and it doesn't matter if its from the old the spec as they use similar questions if not the same.
Reply 2
Original post by BBambiS
YASSSS I can help as I am self taught..

I would recommend doing Edexcel IGCSE..
Save my exams is a great website for igcse resources its like £5 per month but its so worth it..
Make sure you get revision guides for each subjects.
Print of the specification for each of your subjects this will tell you exactly what you need to know. If you are doing Edexcel IGCSE you can print it off from Pearsons website.
Past papers are literally the best even if you don't know anything just copy down the answers and try and learn them and eventually you'll get better and better. Start from the oldest past papers to the newest and it doesn't matter if its from the old the spec as they use similar questions if not the same.

Much appreciated! I'll be sure you check out them out thanks
Reply 3
I'm also going to be self-studying IGCSE English and maths to sit for exams early next year!

@BBambiS thank you for the info. I've bought Edexcel workbooks but haven't gone through them yet. How long did it take you to study for the exams? I'll be doing it alongside an access course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending