Watch
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51621812

Now this is peak comedy.

But seriously, who the frick cares what twitter thinks? It says: ~4000 people talking about this. Why is it neeewwwss?? BBC do you want to be scrapped? Because this is how you get scrapped.

It's a clown world, just gotta keep honking.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How have you managed to turn some crackpots view on a tea into an attack on the BBC?!
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
How have you managed to turn some crackpots view on a tea into an attack on the BBC?!
Becoz this pile of w*nk is on the front page of the BBC !! And they do this all the time: take something off twitter that has ~1000 people "talking about it" and then run a full page spread on it. It's not news !
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Becoz this pile of w*nk is on the front page of the BBC !! And they do this all the time: take something off twitter that has ~1000 people "talking about it" and then run a full page spread on it. It's not news !
Meh, although with respect to what appears on the front page isnt that determined by algorithms these days?
I mean it might well be a non-news story but your reaction to it would seem a bit ott, no? Especially given that more or less every single news outlet runs such puff pieces from time to time (or bases their entire business on it *daily mail*)
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Meh, although with respect to what appears on the front page isnt that determined by algorithms these days?
I mean it might well be a non-news story but your reaction to it would seem a bit ott, no? Especially given that more or less every single news outlet runs such puff pieces from time to time (or bases their entire business on it *daily mail*)
The point of the BBC is to not be like other news outlets! To not run puff-pieces that generate a few bob when it's a slow news day. Maybe I'm young and the BBC has always been like it is now, but I don't think it has. Why should my taxes pay for some journo to write up a spread on a complete non-issue? I mean I don't pay taxes yet :lol: but in theory...

I guess I'm more annoyed that some tw*ts want to boycott a tea company because a Tory uses it. Boggles the mind how pathetic and stupid some people are. How empty are their lives? How empty is my life for writing this on them? The answer to both = very
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The point of the BBC is to not be like other news outlets! To not run puff-pieces that generate a few bob when it's a slow news day. Maybe I'm young and the BBC has always been like it is now, but I don't think it has. Why should my taxes pay for some journo to write up a spread on a complete non-issue? I mean I don't pay taxes yet :lol: but in theory...

I guess I'm more annoyed that some tw*ts want to boycott a tea company because a Tory uses it. Boggles the mind how pathetic and stupid some people are. How empty are their lives? How empty is my life for writing this on them? The answer to both = very
Because honk honk 🤡
Last edited by paul514; 1 month ago
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fellow Tory and can confirm I am a current Tea drinker.
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
Fellow Tory and can confirm I am a current Tea drinker.
Well I'm no longer drinking tea ever again
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I'm no longer drinking tea ever again
What else would we drink while hunting the poor? We’re British, not frogs.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I support labour and am no fan of the Tories but this is ridiculous. Didn't Corbyn also have his picture taken with Yorkshire tea too?
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
I support labour and am no fan of the Tories but this is ridiculous. Didn't Corbyn also have his picture taken with Yorkshire tea too?
Yes he did.
The regressive activist left have become a parody of themselves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.19%
No (333)
69.81%

Watched Threads