Cramming a whole year's worth of work in Easter

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm a first year reading economics and have missed most of my lectures. Although I have been averaging 65-70% in my formative essays (thanks to A level economics), I have learned nothing from my course. Is it possible to cram everything in 3 months and still get first class overall? First year mark doesn't count but I want to do well as this will help with my internship applications in second year...
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm a first year reading economics and have missed most of my lectures. Although I have been averaging 65-70% in my formative essays (thanks to A level economics), I have learned nothing from my course. Is it possible to cram everything in 3 months and still get first class overall? First year mark doesn't count but I want to do well as this will help with my internship applications in second year...
In first year of uni maybe (any other year no). I found the exams in first year tend to be softer then what will come in years 2/3/4. And the lecturers tend to give a few more hints, hence its much easier to revise last minute and still get a 1st.

Every course is different, but you wont know unless you try.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As mnot rightly says, in your first year it might be do-able, but by no means certain. It depends to a large extent of how quick a learner you are and how well you can retain information which has been crammed.
With a lot of hard work, you should be able to do reasonably well. Three months is quite a long time.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In addition to others' good advice, why have you missed most of your lectures? Is it an issue that might negatively affect you (to a greater extent) in your subsequent years?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
In addition to others' good advice, why have you missed most of your lectures? Is it an issue that might negatively affect you (to a greater extent) in your subsequent years?
I'm involved in loads of societies and volunteering and fundraising, and I find that all lecturers just read off the slides/textbooks which I hate. Only one is decent and I go to all the lectures for this module. My plan was to get involved in a lot of stuff in first year and then cut down in the following years.

Anyway, after creating a study timetable I think it's feasible. Thank you all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.99%
No (76)
20.88%
Not sure (66)
18.13%

Watched Threads