ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure about the question below. I tried to use integration twice so could find an expression for displacement and evaluate at the referred time. Clearly is not the right approach.

A particle starts from rest and moves with acceleration ((2+e^-2t)i)+(4e^-2t)j. Find its distance from the initial position after 1.2 seconds.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is a 'correct' approach. The only potential hiccup I can see without seeing your working is putting in the 'starts from rest' condition after the first integration.
ThiagoBrigido
Rep:
?
I haven't evaluated after the first integration.
ThiagoBrigido
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
That is a 'correct' approach. The only potential hiccup I can see without seeing your working is putting in the 'starts from rest' condition after the first integration.
What do you mean?
Attached files
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When you integrate, you should have a constant. Well, one for i and another for j. Evaluate these using the fact that it 'starts from rest'.

The reason this matters is because a particle already moving a million metres per second but subject to the same acceleration is going to travel about a million metres further than one that starts at rest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads