Campus or City bases Uni’s?

Watch
allexllewis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone got any suggestions as to some pros and cons of campus life and city life?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by allexllewis)
Anyone got any suggestions as to some pros and cons of campus life and city life?
Spent time at both,

personally prefer the campus uni for when your on campus, but it makes no difference to studying or teaching etc.

I prefer the campus mainly because (here at Nottingham) its nice and scenic, sometimes I'll go for a walk and I can do it around a lake or a green field rather than just concrete. Its nice being able to cut myself off from the outside world whilst im working then re-emerse myself when I leave for the day (although I moved uni for post-grad, not sure I would have appreciated this at undergrad).
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

I’m currently a 2nd year nursing student at Keele which is a campus based university so I can only speak for the campus univeristy side. However, from my experience, here is my opinion!

Pros

-All your lecture locations are so close to your accommodation so there’s no need to travel or risk getting stuck in traffic/get a bus.
-You can enjoy a couple of drinks on a night out in the Students Union and not have to worry about how you’ll get home if you live off campus.
-There’s always someone close by so it’s very hard to feel alone and be unable to make friends.
-Important buildings that will aid your education such as the Library are easily accessibly from all accommodation blocks.
-You don’t have to find your way around a large city.
-There’s places to relax and rewind aswell as get lively!

That’s just to name a few off the top of my head. I have absolutely loved my time at Keele and I couldn’t wish for a better university!
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi allexllewis,

I am a student rep for Lincoln uni which is a good mixture of both in my opinion! Lincoln itself is a small/medium city with a campus university but the campus is on the edge of town so it feels very city based except everything is all together unlike other city campuses. Each university and city is very different and I would strongly suggest just visiting the campus and seeing for yourself if you like it there! At Lincoln we can arrange campus visits which are not on open days so don't feel like you have to come to a big event if you don't want that.

Good luck for the future,
Lexy
4th year MSc student
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!

Our City Campus at Bradford is compact, self contained, and located just minutes from the city centre - and there's so much to see and do! Accommodation is just minutes away from early morning lectures, the Students Union, the library etc!

You can actually discover our campus from the comfort of your own home by using our Virtual Experience - it should give you a nice insight into our facilities, accommodation, services and the city centre

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads