Is the #metoo movement elitist and racist?

Watch
GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Now that Weinstein has been convicted, there is a lot of antisemitism spreading among the #metoo movement. Not to mention it's mostly run by privileged white women, with little representation of ethnic minorities.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Metoo has a valid basis, but it's obviously become a bandwagon that all sorts are jumping on to.
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you link some of the anti semitism please so I can judge it for myself?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
Now that Weinstein has been convicted, there is a lot of antisemitism spreading among the #metoo movement. Not to mention it's mostly run by privileged white women, with little representation of ethnic minorities.
I never really understand threads like this. Do you feel threatened by strong women? You seem to be trying to mitigate the rapes committed by Weinstein by denigrating his victims. How pathetic!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
Need one point out that you only really hear about it in white countries so its hardly a shocker that most of the people rattling on about it will be, shock horror, white.
Why does everyone these days seem to think tossing a couple of token blacks into every social issue is some sort of panacea to all the earths ills? If anything it comes across as distinctly racist in its own right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
61.18%
No (66)
38.82%

Watched Threads