sphgrndmnn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I need some questions to ask a historian on the Vietnam war for my EPQ. my statement is if the war was a success or a failure for the Americans of which I will predominantly argue the failure.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sphgrndmnn)
Hello, I need some questions to ask a historian on the Vietnam war for my EPQ. my statement is if the war was a success or a failure for the Americans of which I will predominantly argue the failure.
Sounds like an uninspiring title. Surely most books and it is widely accepted the war was unsuccessful for the US? What new ground does your EPQ cover? Would have been more interesting to cover the successes and positive aspects for the US.
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some very patriot Americans would tell you it was not a failure, but rather a tactical retreat. Everyone knows it was a failure, especially if there aim was to curb communism as Vietnam became communist after the war ended.
The US initial reason for going to war was a mix of things and so in some areas it was a success and in some it was a failure. If they were aiming for revenge after the 2 attacks on the navy, which I'm pretty sure we're proven to be false and created by the US, then they succeeded.
It's all about perspective, as history is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
18.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (35)
30.17%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
18.1%

Watched Threads