r0segrace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know my subjects of the most part but I just need help classifying them between HL and SL.

Thinking of doing these at HL:
Biology
English Lit (A)
Economics (never done this before)

Thinking of doing these at SL:
French (B)
Theatre
Maths

I’ve never done economics before but I do geography and I can only do geography at SL at my school, I think economics looks interesting but I’m not sure. I’d say french is currently my best subject but I was told that you can only do a B language at HL if you’re fluent in it. I’ve studied french for 5 years now and I’m quite good at it. Any advice?
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r0segrace)
I know my subjects of the most part but I just need help classifying them between HL and SL.

Thinking of doing these at HL:
Biology
English Lit (A)
Economics (never done this before)

Thinking of doing these at SL:
French (B)
Theatre
Maths

I’ve never done economics before but I do geography and I can only do geography at SL at my school, I think economics looks interesting but I’m not sure. I’d say french is currently my best subject but I was told that you can only do a B language at HL if you’re fluent in it. I’ve studied french for 5 years now and I’m quite good at it. Any advice?
Economics SL and HL have almost the same syllabus and is quite easy to manage with simple math equations to learn and understand.
biology is super content heavy and so is english

But your choices seem fine at HL and SL. Plus you get 2-3 months to chnage your subjects and levels
student3221
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I'd stick with what you've got, seems like pretty good choices. I wouldn't want to do a HL language even if you're pretty good at it you have to be practically fluent to get a 6/7 grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (86)
27.74%
No (224)
72.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed