why on earth would anyone be pro-choice?? literal murderers
Last edited by fr3akyfrid4y; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many reasons:

To support a woman's freedom to choose a life saving termination.
To support a woman's freedom to choose whether to proceed with a rape pregnancy.
To support a woman's freedom to choose whether she wants to continue with a pregnancy that involves fetal abnormality.
To support a woman's freedom to decide whether she wants a lifestyle abortion or to undergo an unwanted pregnancy.

You may want to consider giving up trolling and finding a new hobby.
One that does not involve either: abortion, animal rights, politics or religion.:cool:
chloenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Many reasons:

To support a woman's freedom to choose a life saving termination.
To support a woman's freedom to choose whether to proceed with a rape pregnancy.
To support a woman's freedom to choose whether she wants to continue with a pregnancy that involves fetal abnormality.
To support a woman's freedom to decide whether she wants a lifestyle abortion or to undergo an unwanted pregnancy.

You may want to consider giving up trolling and finding a new hobby.
One that does not involve either: abortion, animal rights, politics or religion.:cool:
I don't think he's a troll unfortunately it's a sad fact that so many pro-lifers remain in the UK, even today
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Murder is when you kill a human. A zygote is not a human. Please do your research, I can tell you have never even researched this topic. Probably listen to your friends talking about it and expect to know everything, don't you?
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why on earth would someone strip a woman of the right to control her body?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloenix)
I don't think he's a troll unfortunately it's a sad fact that so many pro-lifers remain in the UK, even today
I know.
The militant attitude towards abortion and protesting abortion is getting as bad as the usa.

My family is split between two extreme positions on abortion: pro-birth (no abortion for any reason ever) and pro-abortion (free abortion upon demand with no restrictions).
My grandmother and mother used to bring me to abortion protests as a young child.
While my father supports abortion on demand at any stage, for any reason or none, with minimal delay or paperwork and provided free of charge.
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I know.
The militant attitude towards abortion and protesting abortion is getting as bad as the usa.

My family is split between two extreme positions on abortion: pro-birth (no abortion for any reason ever) and pro-abortion (free abortion upon demand with no restrictions).
My grandmother and mother used to bring me to abortion protests as a young child.
While my father supports abortion on demand at any stage, for any reason or none, with minimal delay or paperwork and provided free of charge.
I've got to say I'm with your father on this one.
How ironic that the women in your family were pro-birth, and the men so pro-choice.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pragmatism.

I am strongly personally against abortion. But to enact anti-abortion laws in a pro-abortion society would never work. Even if I could change everyones mind, there would then be big ethical questions over whether its right or not to impose my own ethical code on the population at large.

I wish more people saw the problems with it, but they won't. A careful distinction has been drawn around what constitutes life, that allows them to form their arguments, and if you accept that distinction, then it ceases to be immoral. If a fetus isn't human life, rather than a type of human life, it ceases to be a question of morality and becomes a question of practicalities.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right, nobody move.
Somebody's knicked an N.😡
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can I ask anybody pro choice what is the time limit you think is ok to abort up to?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fr3akyfrid4y)
why on earth would anyone be pro-choice?? literal murderers
:ms:
fr3akyfrid4y
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Can I ask anybody pro choice what is the time limit you think is ok to abort up to?
i know right! these are lives being lost!!
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought this was going to be a thread about Italian rice used in risotto...
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fr3akyfrid4y)
i know right! these are lives being lost!!
I think you misunderstood me.
I'm pro choice but within limits. I'm curious to know what other pro choice think of the limits. For me it should be around 16 weeks. Others don't want to say and I wonder why.
I'm pro choice but also pro truth.
I've learnt that I can explain what that means on here without getting posts removed.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 month ago
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wow u hate it that much, you could've even finish writing the word
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
I think you misunderstood me.
I'm pro choice but within limits. I'm curious to know what other pro choice think of the limits. For me it should be around 16 weeks. Others don't want to say and I wonder why.
I'm pro choice but also pro truth.
I've learnt that I can explain what that means on here without getting posts removed.
24 weeks is when a foetus becomes viable: able to survive without their mother.
That's when abortion becomes morally iffy, I guess, but I think that if the mother is in NEED of an abortion for any reason, whether it be financial incompetence, mental health, medical issues etc., the mother's live should be favoured over the viable foetus's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads