The Student Room Group

Edited

edited.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by WaffleApple
So I like this girl that works in my local shop. I've seen her 3-4 times per week every week for the last year as I got in the shop nearly everyday. She's shown some interest and dropped hints that she does like me. Last year I knew she was in a relationship last year so I didn't escalate. Now she is single and I'd like to make a move. One of my friends offered to ask her out for me... Can my friend ask her out for me without it being weird? She has seem me with this friend in the shop but she doesn't know him directly. Thanks :smile:

1000000% ask her out yourself. Do not get your friend to do it. Even if I really liked a guy, if they couldn't even ask me out themselves *red flag red flag red flag* I would say no
Original post by FrancescaC2000
1000000% ask her out yourself. Do not get your friend to do it. Even if I really liked a guy, if they couldn't even ask me out themselves *red flag red flag red flag* I would say no

Edited and deleted the original post before you even responded lol. Decided it was a bad idea after posting. Is it a bad idea to have my friend with me when I do the approach?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by WaffleApple
Edited and deleted the original post before you even responded lol. Decided it was a bad idea after posting. Is it a bad idea to have my friend with me when I do the approach?

Damn I was a snag too late haha whoopsie.

Having your friend there isn't a BAD idea if it gives you some encouragement, but if you are willing, ask her on your own, show her some confidence. She also might feel a bit on the spot / pressured and awkward if other people are around which doesn't set a positive tone for the date itself you know?
If you think she flirts / gives you subtle hints she's probably just dying for you to ask her haha. IMO you shouldn't make it a big deal or go up to her with a friend. You should just drop her a text or ask her quite casually when you see her next, in my experience, it makes the whole thing a lot more relaxing and when it comes to the date she will be more excited to go because she knows it will be a chill experience rather than setting the tone as a bit awkward and uptight.

Hope this helps.
"Now go get ur girl" :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending