The Student Room Group

How do I stop angry crying?

Okay so I had a mock exam today I got there 10 minutes before... in the email we were sent it says we should get there 15 minutes but the exam officer said we should get there 20 minutes before time.

Anyways, the earliest people got there 15 minutes before and I got there 10 minutes before.

So the teacher made all of us stay outside and miss the first 15 minutes of the exam saying we wouldn't get any extra time and blah blah blah.

Obviously I was angry and irritated cos we weren't even late and I felt like it was unfair and really petty... any ways, I eventually started crying not cos I was sad but because I was angry and now people are saying that I am childish and such a baby and stuff.

Anyways, I want to know how to stop crying when i'm angry... I tried the whole clenching your hand thing but it didn't work... just made me even more irritated.
To be honest I’ve done exactly the same thing I cried and cried and made my teachers cry too before and after exams
(edited 4 years ago)
Try breathing techniques and naming things you can see, hear, feel and so on. It should help ground you to your surroundings and steer your attention to something else. Sounds like pointless advice but best thing is to let it all out :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Alina2019
To be honest I’ve done exactly the same thing I cried and cried and made my teachers cry too before and after exams

It wasn't the exam that was making cry though. It was the fact that it was just so pointless and frustrating that we were sitting outside for 15 minutes because we came 10 minutes before the exam. And they claim in the real exam you wouldn't even be allowed to enter... which is a lie (you can enter even if you come 15 minutes late).

Like I was half tempted to say I'd rather they just scrap the bloody paper, cos it was just like they were trying to prove a point that they had the power to do as they wish.
I cry when I'm angry too. It's so embarrassing. :frown:

Sorry.....not very helpful, but you're not alone!
It's fine to angry cry - you just seem like an emotive person, and that's totally ok.

Maybe try breathing techniques, or focusing on the area of your body just behind your belly button. Rationalise what you're angry about and think of solutions, and as soon as you think of one you're bound to calm down.

Try not to get angry in general, especially not other people. If you really think about it, we're all just weird-looking animals on a random planet trying to out-do each other for some reason. Just think about wider life and what's important to you, your happiness and your future. You only get one life so best to spend it how you want it, really.
Reply 6
Original post by Sabertooth
I cry when I'm angry too. It's so embarrassing. :frown:

Sorry.....not very helpful, but you're not alone!

:hugs: yeah... it's so annoying cos everyone is now like oh girls are so immature blah blah blah...

Original post by yzanne
It's fine to angry cry - you just seem like an emotive person, and that's totally ok.

Maybe try breathing techniques, or focusing on the area of your body just behind your belly button. Rationalise what you're angry about and think of solutions, and as soon as you think of one you're bound to calm down.

Try not to get angry in general, especially not other people. If you really think about it, we're all just weird-looking animals on a random planet trying to out-do each other for some reason. Just think about wider life and what's important to you, your happiness and your future. You only get one life so best to spend it how you want it, really.

thanks! i know there's nothing wrong with angry crying... it's just that everyone automatically assumes your weak and immature. Like afterwards, the teacher that made us miss the first 15 minutes of the exam was insulting me and someone else (who was also crying). And it's just so annoying.

Like I know that in 3 months I'll never talk to a single teacher in my school again in my life but I'd rather not cry everytime I'm frustrated.

Imma try what you said though...
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I had a mock exam today I got there 10 minutes before... in the email we were sent it says we should get there 15 minutes but the exam officer said we should get there 20 minutes before time.

Anyways, the earliest people got there 15 minutes before and I got there 10 minutes before.

So the teacher made all of us stay outside and miss the first 15 minutes of the exam saying we wouldn't get any extra time and blah blah blah.

Obviously I was angry and irritated cos we weren't even late and I felt like it was unfair and really petty... any ways, I eventually started crying not cos I was sad but because I was angry and now people are saying that I am childish and such a baby and stuff.

Anyways, I want to know how to stop crying when i'm angry... I tried the whole clenching your hand thing but it didn't work... just made me even more irritated.

Drink less salty water.
Reply 8
Original post by Alina2019

yeah right.
Yeah can't lie crying when I'm angry is such an annoying habit of mine which I can't control
Reply 10
Original post by 3pointonefour
Yeah can't lie crying when I'm angry is such an annoying habit of mine which I can't control

Yes you actually can! You don't want to? because you get rewarded with attention probably? Do you know how to stop talking, singing or eating? Of course you do! So you know how to stop crying!
Original post by mgi
Yes you actually can! You don't want to? because you get rewarded with attention probably? Do you know how to stop talking, singing or eating? Of course you do! So you know how to stop crying!

No, when I'm crying it's usually by myself just to not get any attention.

Btw I can't stop talking, singing or eating either and I'm doing all 3 simultaneously as I type so it's not as easy as you may think.
Reply 12
Original post by 3pointonefour
No, when I'm crying it's usually by myself just to not get any attention.

Btw I can't stop talking, singing or eating either and I'm doing all 3 simultaneously as I type so it's not as easy as you may think.

Ok. You maybe be stressed. What about online counselling?
Original post by mgi
yeah right.

Yh she was simp fr me in geography she wrkd 2 yrs fr me to be at the top of her class so she got repeatedly emotional in exam szn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending