Football academy

Watch
StardustFalls
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So my brother tried out for Leeds academy last wednesday ( he is 12). He said it went really well and he felt he was one of the best.

After the trial they say that they will get back to you if they like the look of you and if not you will hear nothing.

Now we know that my brother is talented and he stands out when he plays and people know it and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased.

We haven't heard back from Leeds yet but we still have another day left until we know he's not got in which is tomorrow.

Some of his friends in his local football team which are, quite frankly not as good as him, have managed to get in? Which is the thing that really puzzles me. I mean one of them is meant to be a striker and misses the goal countless times and another one has on and off games.

I'm wondering if it's just a scam because you have to pay £20 entry fee or if Danny didn't actually play well but I find that hard to believe.

So if you've had any experience of football academy trials let me know or any idea on why he seems to have not been picked.
thanks
Last edited by StardustFalls; 4 weeks ago
.Zee.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Scouts at trials at not always looking for best shots and killer passes as these can easily be improved with a little training.

It's more about the right mindset. For example space awareness, when to pass, where to run etc.

I'm no football expert but I've been to a trial or a two and this is my opinion.

Also most footballers who are sorta good hype themselves up more than they should so I would actually watch your brother play and see how he compares to others.
StardustFalls
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by .Zee.)
Scouts at trials at not always looking for best shots and killer passes as these can easily be improved with a little training.

It's more about the right mindset. For example space awareness, when to pass, where to run etc.

I'm no football expert but I've been to a trial or a two and this is my opinion.

Also most footballers who are sorta good hype themselves up more than they should so I would actually watch your brother play and see how he compares to others.
I watch him play every Sunday and have been for 4 years. He has a very good drive and sets people up all the time. Just don't understand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise