jamesclimimg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Tomorrow I have my Elizabeth and Cold War mock paper 😩 and I don’t know much. Weimar Germany paper went really well and I don’t want to mess this up, I’m scared I’ll end up not knowing or writing anything in the exam which I don’t want to do 😭 any tips on what to study on? There’s loads of things to remember like the conferences and the Elizabeth plots and other things 😭😭
Nshkx789
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I found a video that might help you with exam technique for the Elizabeth section if it helps

https://youtu.be/OXc_EDakP_0
TarzanNebby
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For Elizabeth you could revise her main initial problems like her privy councillors and the religious settlement and the problems of debt quad poverty due to the bad harvest and how the solved them and how people treated. then obviously the plots and the impact of each one in terms of the tension between her and the catholics and Spain. and then the build up to the Spanish Armada like Netherland involvement and trade with the new world and then the singeing of the king of spavins beard and stuff and why Spain failed. and then exploration with drake and colonisation.
For Cold War like the conferences and the formation of stuff like nato and the Berlin blockade. And then the arms race and the conferences before the rise of the Berlin Wall and the impact of it. And then the Cuban missile crisis and how it was the closest they came to a hot war and then Prague spring and detente and the agreements form that period. And then the invasion of Afghanistan and the impact of that and Reagans new Cold War. and then Gorbachevs attitude for change and the satellite states getting rid of communism and the dissolution of the Soviet Union
Remember to include dates when you can and link back to the impact of things when you have to.
I just realised how much you have to revise in not a long time so I wish you the best with that and don't worry if you can't learn absolutely everything that fast
Hope this helps and good luck
jamesclimimg
Rep:
?
(Original post by TarzanNebby)
For Elizabeth you could revise her main initial problems like her privy councillors and the religious settlement and the problems of debt quad poverty due to the bad harvest and how the solved them and how people treated. then obviously the plots and the impact of each one in terms of the tension between her and the catholics and Spain. and then the build up to the Spanish Armada like Netherland involvement and trade with the new world and then the singeing of the king of spavins beard and stuff and why Spain failed. and then exploration with drake and colonisation.
For Cold War like the conferences and the formation of stuff like nato and the Berlin blockade. And then the arms race and the conferences before the rise of the Berlin Wall and the impact of it. And then the Cuban missile crisis and how it was the closest they came to a hot war and then Prague spring and detente and the agreements form that period. And then the invasion of Afghanistan and the impact of that and Reagans new Cold War. and then Gorbachevs attitude for change and the satellite states getting rid of communism and the dissolution of the Soviet Union
Remember to include dates when you can and link back to the impact of things when you have to.
I just realised how much you have to revise in not a long time so I wish you the best with that and don't worry if you can't learn absolutely everything that fast
Hope this helps and good luck
Thank you so much, I covered a lot of points, I just don’t want to flood myself with all the info😩 feeling abit more confident for tomorrow’s exam 🤝
jamesclimimg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nshkx789)
I found a video that might help you with exam technique for the Elizabeth section if it helps

https://youtu.be/OXc_EDakP_0
Yes thanks so much, it was pretty useful, it broke down the questions and how to answer them 🙌🤝
jamesclimimg
Rep:
?
Thank you guys so much for helping! Exam went better then I thought, got off lucky this time the questions weren’t as hard as I thought and they were on the topics I revised 😚 for Elizabeth one question was “Why was Mary Queen Of Scots executed” and another Cold War question was about the Tehran conference 😀 went pretty well thank you guys 🤝
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (80)
28.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (105)
37.1%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.53%

Watched Threads