In a crisis: does anyone have second year university notes?

Watch
Flisspurch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I am a second year University student studying psychology. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with second year psychology notes for the upcoming exams?

This year has been very hard for me emotionally and physically and as a result I have fallen behind drastically at uni and I’m so overwhelmed. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send over any notes they have on the following topics. This would mean so much to me.

-Cognitive psychology
-Developmental psychology
- Social psychology
- Personality and Individual differences
- Biological substrates of behaviour
- Design and analysis of Psychological investigation
- Research Methods in Psychology

Thank you x:confused:
Last edited by Flisspurch; 9 months ago
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Flisspurch)
Hi, I am a second year University student studying psychology. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with second year psychology notes?

This year has been very hard for me emotionally and physically and as a result I have fallen behind drastically at uni and I’m so overwhelmed. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send over any notes they have on the following topics. This would mean so much to me.

-Cognitive psychology
-Developmental psychology
- Social psychology
- Personality and Individual differences
- Biological substrates of behaviour
- Design and analysis of Psychological investigation
- Research Methods in Psychology

Thank you x
Sorry to hear this year has been hard for you - I can’t help with the actual notes themselves (and would recommend caution in case of plagiarism and things like that) but on another note, are you in contact with your university? That does seem like quite a substantial amount to not have any notes on, and so you really need to be talking with your lecturers about support and how to get back on track.
Flisspurch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
Sorry to hear this year has been hard for you - I can’t help with the actual notes themselves (and would recommend caution in case of plagiarism and things like that) but on another note, are you in contact with your university? That does seem like quite a substantial amount to not have any notes on, and so you really need to be talking with your lecturers about support and how to get back on track
Thank you for responding to me. It wouldn’t be a case of plagiarism as I’m just looking for some notes relating to those modules for exams. I have missed a lot of lectures but I do have some notes, it’s just trying to catch up at the moment.

I have tried a few times but unfortunately it’s a bit of an inconvenient process and in all honesty it makes me anxious.
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you got in touch with your tutor and talk about maybe redoing the year or getting some extenuating circumstances adjustment? They probably don't want to put you under even more stress by making you cram so much work in a short time!

Issue with second year psychology is that what is on the exam is going to be vastly different across universities, so other people's notes are not going to help much,
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You should speak to the relevant tutors, your personal tutor and student support.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
If I was in that much of a health crisis and revision books couldnt help I would be at the GP getting diagnosed and then considering suspending studies and sitting exams in the summer or resitting the year.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Flisspurch)
Thank you for responding to me. It wouldn’t be a case of plagiarism as I’m just looking for some notes relating to those modules for exams. I have missed a lot of lectures but I do have some notes, it’s just trying to catch up at the moment.

I have tried a few times but unfortunately it’s a bit of an inconvenient process and in all honesty it makes me anxious.
Surely you can access the lecture slides on your student portal? You need to go through those and annotate them with your readings, even if you don't have enough time to do all the readings you'd ordinarily like to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads