lj_bor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I had a question regarding eligibility. As an EEA student who studied for 5 years in the UK, i finished my degree in June 2019. I left the UK twice for a total period of three months. At the time i do not hold any evidence of residency in the UK during that time because i have been living at friend’s houses and i am not paying rent or work anywhere. Am i eligible for a PhD funding? (because it is stated that i have to be a UK resident for the past 3 years prior to the start of the PhD)

Thank you for your time.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lj_bor)
Hi,
I had a question regarding eligibility. As an EEA student who studied for 5 years in the UK, i finished my degree in June 2019. I left the UK twice for a total period of three months. At the time i do not hold any evidence of residency in the UK during that time because i have been living at friend’s houses and i am not paying rent or work anywhere. Am i eligible for a PhD funding? (because it is stated that i have to be a UK resident for the past 3 years prior to the start of the PhD)

Thank you for your time.
Hi there,

As an EU student you need to have lived in the EU/UK for three years prior to the start of your course. If you meet this you can apply for the Doctoral Loan. You can find more information on funding here.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (101)
61.21%
No (64)
38.79%

Watched Threads