GP surgery didn't let me in.... What's the deal?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Needed to get a prescription for my inhalers badly today, the pharmacy was open but there was a staff receptionist standing waiting outside ''guarding the doorway'' when I approached she asked me what i wanted and she then told me she couldn't take prescriptions (which takes only a second to hand over) even though it was 18:10 and the pharmacy closes at 19:00. I was only asking for a prescription to be handed out.

Is this out of hours or just laziness?
Whats going on there?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Could you actually be any more entitled or obnoxious?
I could be yes. ... But I think you've missed the whole point and just looking for an opportunity for humour, thumbs ups and more TSR "legend" marks....

Fair enough.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I could be yes. ... But I think you've missed the whole point and just looking for an opportunity for humour, thumbs ups and more TSR "legend" marks....

Fair enough.
In that case, crack on mate

Have a +12.
MiaNova
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In that case, crack on mate

Have a +12.
Wait what's my + number?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Needed to get a prescription for my inhalers badly today, the pharmacy was open but there was a staff receptionist standing waiting outside ''guarding the doorway'' when I approached she asked me what i wanted and she then told me she couldn't take prescriptions (which takes only a second to hand over) even though it was 18:10 and the pharmacy closes at 19:00. I was only asking for a prescription to be handed out.

Whats going on there?
The sensible reply is that they might have been doing some training, sorting out or certain members of staff weren't there, so they couldn't deal with the script even though it was in normal hours. It happens in our dispensary sometimes, and it's a right pain in the arse.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Whats going on there?
How is anyone on TSR supposed to know what's going on? You should have asked at the time.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
Wait what's my + number?
Well 12, obviously
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well 12, obviously
Seriously? When I rep you the numbers +12?
Interesting...
Anonymous #1
The sensible reply is that they might have been doing some training, sorting out or certain members of staff weren't there, so they couldn't deal with the script even though it was in normal hours. It happens in our dispensary sometimes, and it's a right pain in the arse.
So letting me passed the door, asking for my name, then handing over my prescription, me then leaving was so difficult for them was it?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
Seriously? When I rep you the numbers +12?
Interesting...
Noo...I thought you wanted me to rep you for a +12 :laugh:

Yours is +8. You just need to hover over your username to reveal it.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So letting me passed the door, asking for my name, then handing over my prescription, me then leaving was so difficult for them was it?
Yep. These are cross middle-aged women. You don't pîss them off, unless you want to wait 90 minutes next time you need a prescription issued.

I know how annoying it is. If you think they've acted unreasonably, then contact the practice manager. You'll then find you're waiting 2 hours for your next prescription to be dispensed.

Have a pancake and forget about it. It's really not that deep.
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Noo...I thought you wanted me to rep you for a +12 :laugh:

Yours is +8. You just need to hover over your username to reveal it.
Cool!
Haha no, but thanks anyways! :five:
Anonymous #1
Yep. These are cross middle-aged women. You don't pîss them off, unless you want to wait 90 minutes next time you need a prescription issued.

I know how annoying it is. If you think they've acted unreasonably, then contact the practice manager. You'll then find you're waiting 2 hours for your next prescription to be dispensed.

Have a pancake and forget about it. It's really not that deep.
It's not about "deep" it's about people simply doing there jobs properly, this surgery is often up to weird tricks.
It's been closed on quite a few working days for different reasons.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Handing the prescription over takes seconds but preparing it takes considerably longer.

If they are doing this frequently then you are probably best finding another one, there are plenty in supermarkets and town centres.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not about "deep" it's about people simply doing there jobs properly, this surgery is often up to weird tricks.
You sound like a reactionary, cross middle-aged woman. Do you think they just close it for shîts and giggles? If it was closed, it was closed for a reason.

If you're so very unhappy with them, then either (a) complain directly to the practice manager, as I suggested earlier or (b) change surgeries.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree that it's annoying, as is (less so though) people confusing their, there and they're ..
karelina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll have to ask them I suppose. Maybe call up in advance next time.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whats going on there?
Did you ask them? if not, why not? Do you think that they post here?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Handing the prescription over takes seconds but preparing it takes considerably longer.

If they are doing this frequently then you are probably best finding another one, there are plenty in supermarkets and town centres.
It was already 'prepared'. It just needed handing over.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
order an air strike

that'll learn em
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads