Azotic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So, i recently got CCC in my mock, but im hoping to achieve AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
For Biology im hoping to make flash cards for all the topics ive covered so far by 15-25 of march. After that from March to April i will constantly review them for 1-2 hours per day, while doing practice paper questions per topic on physics and maths tutor. I hope to get all the topic tests done by easter/ 1 week into easter holidays. After that im going to work on weaker topics and continue to do past papers coming May.
For chemistry, since i feel like im doing okay, im going to do practice paper questions by topic, and make flash cards on areas which im weak at, continuing to do so throughout March and April.
For maths, im hoping to finish the spec by the end of march so i can focus on past papers and stats and mechanics come april and May.
Does this look like a good plan to maximise my grades, and i would really appreciate any advice on how to improve this time table, thank you.
SweetSummerx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Azotic)
So, i recently got CCC in my mock, but im hoping to achieve AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
For Biology im hoping to make flash cards for all the topics ive covered so far by 15-25 of march. After that from March to April i will constantly review them for 1-2 hours per day, while doing practice paper questions per topic on physics and maths tutor. I hope to get all the topic tests done by easter/ 1 week into easter holidays. After that im going to work on weaker topics and continue to do past papers coming May.
For chemistry, since i feel like im doing okay, im going to do practice paper questions by topic, and make flash cards on areas which im weak at, continuing to do so throughout March and April.
For maths, im hoping to finish the spec by the end of march so i can focus on past papers and stats and mechanics come april and May.
Does this look like a good plan to maximise my grades, and i would really appreciate any advice on how to improve this time table, thank you.
Sounds like a good plan! Just keep practising and reviewing, so long as you try your best that’s what matters. Your grades don’t define you. Good luck!
Arsal Khawaja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What you should do is each day do 3 hours of revision in total. By this i mean during your frees and at home altogether. The way I recommend you do this (I'm doing this too) is do 15mins of a topic then take a 5 min break and move onto another topic. Do that for 15 mins then take a 5 min break. Do this once again and an hour is done. Later on when you decide to start your second hour go back to the first topic you did for example Biology and go over the stuff you did a while back during that day. Do the same thing for each subject and you will learn so much more. Study in short bursts (15-20) mins and come back to stuff a little bit later to retain twice as much info. Don't sit there for an hour or two doing revision because u will exhaust yourself. Doing this method will keep your mind refreshed and active while doing a lot more work. Btw I'm doing same subjects as you except Chemistry (Im doing physics) and I hope this helps because believe me it has for me
Ajwad45676
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For biology don’t focus on just making notes until march 15th. You need to start revising and actively recalling the information now. You will be overwhelmed by the content.

What i would say is to dedicate time for note taking/making flashcards and revising on the same day.
For example a plan would be:
1. Revision for chem
2. Maths (11.9) Trapezium rule
3. Maths (11.10) differential equations
4. Revision for biology
5.Chem notes/flashcards
6.Biology notes/flashcards

From this list you can see that the revision has priority over the notes which is down the list.

Also, when you said your going to finish the spec for maths, does that include stats and mechanics as well? After you finish pure, start doing full papers for the new specification and focus on your mistakes.

Start revision now. I made the mistake of starting late because i was focusing on making flashcards and notes. Now I’m retaking (self studying).
Last edited by Ajwad45676; 6 months ago
Azotic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Oh, okay, thanks so much for advice, i will do past paper questions from now then, while doing flash cards on topics i do not know. I'm glad somone told me this before it was too late. For maths im finishing pure by end of march, my college have finished stats and mechanics but im yet to revise that at home so going to focus on that in april while doing a past paper for maths every 3 days. So what you are saying is for biology to a practice paper questions per topic a day (which will approximately take 1 hour) while doing notes/ flashcards on a weak topic the next hour? Sorry i just want to be clear. Just out of interest what did you get for A levels last year? Thanks for advise, i really appreciate it
Ajwad45676
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Oh, okay, thanks so much for advice, i will do past paper questions from now then, while doing flash cards on topics i do not know. I'm glad somone told me this before it was too late. For maths im finishing pure by end of march, my college have finished stats and mechanics but im yet to revise that at home so going to focus on that in april while doing a past paper for maths every 3 days. So what you are saying is for biology to a practice paper questions per topic a day (which will approximately take 1 hour) while doing notes/ flashcards on a weak topic the next hour? Sorry i just want to be clear. Just out of interest what did you get for A levels last year? Thanks for advise, i really appreciate it
Dedicate an hour or more on doing questions/going through flashcards for biology. Then later on in the day do 1 hour or more on making notes/flash cards.

That way you don’t just focus on making notes.

When it gets closer to the exam, you don’t need to focus on making flashcards/notes as you be finished doing them. So you can increase that amount of time your doing questions and going through flashcards.

About my grades; I prefer not to speak, if i speak i will be in big trouble, big trouble. I had to miss almost half of year 13. Those grades do not reflect my ability.
Last edited by Ajwad45676; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
23.31%
Less motivated (102)
76.69%

Watched Threads