Fai04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want a subject in which I can get an easy A, so I was wondering how difficult is Higher art and design? I haven't taken it for National 5, so I really have no idea, but I'm pretty decent at drawing and artwork so I want to know, is it doable? As well as that, is the written part difficult?
If not, are there any other subjects that you would recommend are simple enough to get an A in?
Thank you.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
there's not much written in art
but
art does take up most of your breaks, lunchs , after school, free periods and all your time

I didn't take higher art but I did take nat5 art and got a B (only B in my SQA certificate lol)
Ahhhhhelpppppp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fatimah.j)
I want a subject in which I can get an easy A, so I was wondering how difficult is Higher art and design? I haven't taken it for National 5, so I really have no idea, but I'm pretty decent at drawing and artwork so I want to know, is it doable? As well as that, is the written part difficult?
If not, are there any other subjects that you would recommend are simple enough to get an A in?
Thank you.
I think u could manage! Although I would start revising the written exam stuff Since u havent done it in nat5, also can anyone here help me I find the written unit so hard! Any tips would be welcome
Kubsyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven’t done it but I heard that it’s a really time consuming when you do art work. So be prepared to put most of your time on art and design.
Last edited by Kubsyy; 1 year ago
Fai04
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fatimah.j)
Thank you.
lol I'm gonna reply to my own post in case anyone else is in the same boat as I was and stumbles upon this.
I've completed my Higher Art and gotten an A on it. It is time consuming, so I would definitely say for the design part of it opt for something simpler like graphics as it takes less time to do rather than making an entire dress. I ended up doing my entire design unit at home as my school didn't have any drawing tablets, so definitely you'll need to put in extra time. However, I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be; art is very doable, even with taxing subjects.
The writing is not too difficult if you know what the vocab means and how to structure this; imo, if you do well in English and understand the terms, it should be okay. However, our expressive unit exam was scrapped and I don't know any expressive vocab so :'-)
Anyways, if you're good at drawing and want to get an easy A, definitely do art. It's a lot of fun :-)
emkelt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fai04)
lol I'm gonna reply to my own post in case anyone else is in the same boat as I was and stumbles upon this.
I've completed my Higher Art and gotten an A on it. It is time consuming, so I would definitely say for the design part of it opt for something simpler like graphics as it takes less time to do rather than making an entire dress. I ended up doing my entire design unit at home as my school didn't have any drawing tablets, so definitely you'll need to put in extra time. However, I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be; art is very doable, even with taxing subjects.
The writing is not too difficult if you know what the vocab means and how to structure this; imo, if you do well in English and understand the terms, it should be okay. However, our expressive unit exam was scrapped and I don't know any expressive vocab so :'-)
Anyways, if you're good at drawing and want to get an easy A, definitely do art. It's a lot of fun :-)
Thank you for updating! I'm sitting my Nat5's at the moment and I have to option to do fast-track higher art, and I think I'm going to take it, but was worried that it'd be very hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (308)
57.89%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (74)
13.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.46%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.76%

Watched Threads