Ariana_is_here
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, currently I am taking chemistry in the IB and I was curious on how people who have already taken the class improve their stoichiometry skills?

Personally I have been trying by retaking notes over unit 1 and also attempting questions from the book and from past exam paper 2 questions. However I still seem to be struggling and getting majority of the answers wrong and I just hope that there is tips or advice on how to improve quickly my skills for unit 1. Btw I am in year one.

Thank you!
RaspberryGal77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh Stoich - everyone's most disliked topic of IB Chemistry XD

I'm in yr 13, and stpich was the first topic we did at the start of yr 12 . To this day, it remains my enemy lol but things do gradually get better. Unlike other chemistry topics, like equilibrium and acids and bases etc, you can't just get away with learning the theory behind stoich. The most important thing is definitely application. I'd really recommend doing through a question bank that's just stoich, and eventually you'll see that all the questions are pretty much the same but with different numbers. It's like riding a bike, once you learn how to tackle it, you can't forget.

Also, considering how stoich rears its head in pretty much all of the other topics as well, it really is important to address any issues you have now, so it doesn't;t have a knock on effect on the calculations in further topics.

If there's ever a specific question type you don't understand, feel free to post it on here, and I'll try and guide you in the right direction

I know its tough, but you can do it! Best of luck!
Ariana_is_here
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by RaspberryGal77)
Ahh Stoich - everyone's most disliked topic of IB Chemistry XD

I'm in yr 13, and stpich was the first topic we did at the start of yr 12 . To this day, it remains my enemy lol but things do gradually get better. Unlike other chemistry topics, like equilibrium and acids and bases etc, you can't just get away with learning the theory behind stoich. The most important thing is definitely application. I'd really recommend doing through a question bank that's just stoich, and eventually you'll see that all the questions are pretty much the same but with different numbers. It's like riding a bike, once you learn how to tackle it, you can't forget.

Also, considering how stoich rears its head in pretty much all of the other topics as well, it really is important to address any issues you have now, so it doesn't;t have a knock on effect on the calculations in further topics.

If there's ever a specific question type you don't understand, feel free to post it on here, and I'll try and guide you in the right direction

I know its tough, but you can do it! Best of luck!
Thank you! Best of luck to you as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (186)
15.41%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
16.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.69%
Isolating with family (85)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.81%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (103)
8.53%
Loneliness (117)
9.69%
Financial worries (52)
4.31%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.37%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (105)
8.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise