louisag92
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Probably been done to death but I can't find the answer.

I am starting a course in September and am moving back in to my mum's so will be living in the parental home. I am a lone parent to a 18 month old, how do I prove this? Living with my mum means I won't be receiving a council tax bill with 25% discount as it's not my house. Is there anything else I can use? My Universal Credit award shows the single persons standard allowance?
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louisag92)
Hi,

Probably been done to death but I can't find the answer.

I am starting a course in September and am moving back in to my mum's so will be living in the parental home. I am a lone parent to a 18 month old, how do I prove this? Living with my mum means I won't be receiving a council tax bill with 25% discount as it's not my house. Is there anything else I can use? My Universal Credit award shows the single persons standard allowance?
Hi there,

If you have recently separated then we would need one of the following evidence:
- Decree Nisi
- Solicitors letter confirming your current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit
- Statutory declaration
- Council tax bill showing an accepted discount (25% showing single person discount).

Thanks, Erin
louisag92
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

If you have recently separated then we would need one of the following evidence:
- Decree Nisi
- Solicitors letter confirming your current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit
- Statutory declaration
- Council tax bill showing an accepted discount (25% showing single person discount).

Thanks, Erin
Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question.

I don't have a council tax bill as I'm not the one responsible for it.

I have never been with my daughters father and he has never been involved so any of those such as Decree Nisi/Statutory declaration aren't something I can come up with. Most of those would determine that I was married, you do know not everyone who has children is married right?

Thanks.
louisag92
Rep:
?
Oh, and the 25% discount wouldn't prove anything anyway - it only shows how many adults in the household are eligible for Council Tax. Adult children for example would stop you getting the 25% discount or a partner that is a full time student would give a couple the single parent's discount. So really not strong evidence there!
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louisag92)
Oh, and the 25% discount wouldn't prove anything anyway - it only shows how many adults in the household are eligible for Council Tax. Adult children for example would stop you getting the 25% discount or a partner that is a full time student would give a couple the single parent's discount. So really not strong evidence there!
Hi there,

If you can send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look at your account further. This will let us see what evidence we are requesting from you.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (143)
30.04%
No (333)
69.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed